Suzuki DRZ 400E Motard wheels

Troy Mclure

Bikes
Suzuki DRZ 400, Ducati Hypermotard, Vespa LX 125
Hi, I've just moved to Cambodia (Phnom Penh) & have purchased a DRZ & wish to convert to Motard wheels. Would be grateful for any advice and where to purchase & how much conversion might cost. Mine is an early model, 03 with conventional forks. Thanks,

Regards Keo.

If you don't need the dirt wheels any more, lots of riders here have changed the rims and spokes quite cheaply.

Thanks Phil, good advice but i do wanna keep wheels for the dirt. If i do go with yr option, where u suggest i get rims & spokes from....? Thanks

I built up a second set the other way.. spare dirt rims.. I noticed when I did it that the sm wheel sets went for much more than dirt ones on eBay..

Also if doing it component bit by bit, beware the rear hub comes in both cush drive and non cush drive setups. Made that mistake with the first sprockets I ordered.

Troy,

What about rims/spokes from a CRF250M Ok front are only 3" vs 3.5 etc. but if you are not racing? Hubs? Don't know..

The rims and spokes are easy.. Hubs and the rest the harder thing to find.. I ebayed the lot and had some powdercoat to freshen them up.

I built up a second set the other way.. spare dirt rims.. I noticed when I did it that the sm wheel sets went for much more than dirt ones on eBay..

Also if doing it component bit by bit, beware the rear hub comes in both cush drive and non cush drive setups. Made that mistake with the first sprockets I ordered.

Thanks Livin & Mike, great stuff......! My first time doing this forum thing, works a treat!

Back
Top Bottom