" Made in Thailand ".... ace saddle-man Narong does it again!

MartinThai

Bikes
'97 H-D Electra Glide, '91 H-D FXRS, '96 Honda XRV750 Africa Twin
Fancy a refurbished seat for your bike? Go see Khun Narong.... he's been doing it for 20+ years!
Find his shop on the old Chiang Mai - Lamphun road about 100 meters or so past the Iron Bridge on the left hand side.

View attachment 14015

He's not cheap by any means..... but he's very very good! For me..... well worth it.
Thinking of re-naming my Africa Twin "Sexy Beast" now! :D

View attachment 14016

Hahahaha glad to see you guys are the beneficiaries of all the work I spent with him making a seat
for my AT... :-) I told him at the time if he did a good job, many more people would go to see him
to have big bike seats made. I am glad to see that is what happened..

Yep, he re-did the seat on my KTM 525. Great job.

Ile mention your name when i visit CM, can you give me the coords mate ide love a big comfy seat like that on my versys,,,its a nut smasher

Hahahaha glad to see you guys are the beneficiaries of all the work I spent with him making a seat
for my AT... :-) I told him at the time if he did a good job, many more people would go to see him
to have big bike seats made. I am glad to see that is what happened..
Yep, as I mentioned in another thread I actually turned up with a print-out of your AT seat for Narong to work from..... no need as he's got a copy hanging up in the shop!
He did mention you..... I guess you recognise "khon soong soong mai mee phom!!" :G

Ile mention your name when i visit CM, can you give me the coords mate ide love a big comfy seat like that on my versys,,,its a nut smasher
Sorry Jim no can do as I'm GPS-less! I'm sure Phil, Ally or the Cap will be along soon enough to grant your wish though!
The old fashioned way: heading east out of Chiang Mai toward Narawat bridge...... take the first right immediately after the bridge, carry on past the narrow Iron Bridge (on your right) and about 100 meters on keep an eye open on the shop-houses on your left...... you cannot miss Narong's place as there's a dozen or so seats hanging up at the front of his shop!

View attachment 14017

Sorry Jim no can do as I'm GPS-less! I'm sure Phil, Ally or the Cap will be along soon enough to grant your wish though!
The old fashioned way: heading east out of Chiang Mai toward Narawat bridge...... take the first right immediately after the bridge, carry on past the narrow Iron Bridge (on your right) and about 100 meters on keep an eye open on the shop-houses on your left...... you cannot miss Narong's place as there's a dozen or so seats hanging up at the front of his shop!

View attachment 14017
thanks alot ile go to Phils bar anyway and say hello and have few beers and stay there if hes got the room..the versys seat is awful , that seat youve got looks like a throne ,,good man

When I first took my seat to Narong, he refused to do it. He said that he had one other farang customer he did a seat for, and said the guy complained about everything, wanting it redone many times. So Narong had decided not to do any more work for a farang.
I had to do a real sales job to convince him to do my seat, and promised him there would be no redos..... :-)

So Narong had decided not to do any more work for a farang.

Even in Thailand this is probably an illegal act! :deal

My D-Tracker, then AT were done by Narong and I've been a satisfied customer, but I do believe I know who he/you are referring to; not a member of the
RideAsia community.

Rob - I forgot you were the guy that got him started with the bike big seats, nice find.

When I first took my seat to Narong, he refused to do it. He said that he had one other farang customer he did a seat for, and said the guy complained about everything, wanting it redone many times. So Narong had decided not to do any more work for a farang.
I had to do a real sales job to convince him to do my seat, and promised him there would be no redos..... :-)

Nice on captain, ime new to thai roads and lost without the sat nav,

Cheers Jim

My monster seat needs reworking and to be honest none of the Prattaya seat makers seem to understand what i want is more padding at the front as the seat slopes too much all they do is cut from the centre each time ...doh! maybe a trip to CM to seethis chap would be a better solution.

or a corbin? seargeant seat from USA at 25,000 Baht!!!!!!!!

My monster seat needs reworking and to be honest none of the Prattaya seat makers seem to understand what i want is more padding at the front as the seat slopes too much all they do is cut from the centre each time ...doh! maybe a trip to CM to seethis chap would be a better solution.

or a corbin? seargeant seat from USA at 25,000 Baht!!!!!!!!
Have you been to see the seat man on Theprasit Jerry? Same side of the road as Samart's bike shop but about 100 meters further up (toward S'vit)...... probably just about opposite the 7-Eleven on the corner of the Harley Bar turning. He's good.

Back
Top Bottom