Lost Data on RideAsia

2wheels

Community Manager
Bikes
ROYAL ENFIELD CLASSIC
Firstly, 'thank you' to our Administrators Ally and Auke for you work over the last few days in getting RA back on line.
No doubt this has been a challenging and demanding task for you.
Let's hope it doesn't happen again.

Secondly, with data since April 8th being lost (which includes some detailed trip reports) I am wondering if anyone has
advice on how we can 'back up' our trip reports. I mean the text and the images; in a sort of independent personal archive.
Personally, I don't use an image host.

Considering what has happened (and may happen again) I'm now very keen to retrieve all of my trip reports and store them
somewhere safely.

Excellent work to get the RA board back on track. For personal and business data back-up relying on our own back-up systems and using G-Technologies drives for many years with very good experience and reliability.

One of the set-ups = G-SPEED eS PRO from G-Tech: G-SPEED eS PRO - High-Speed mini SAS RAID drive for Video Editing.

Sidenote: using the real deal, not the lookalike MIC : Made In China copy back-up systems.

Its great to see RA back online again, thanks to Ally and Auke for the hard work

Speaking for Mac users i usually put all my trip reports into notebook including the pasted links from Photobucket before i upload, that way even in the event of an outage it's simply a matter of cutting and pasting the report back with no drama.

Just came out of the jungle and a pleasure to see it up and running again, thank you to all involved.

Easy in Windows. Go to desired report in browser, then 'File'-'Save As' and save it where you like on your PC.
Tried one and resulted in this on my PC:-
'Damnation Alley. Pai - Wat Chan - Khun Yuam.htm'
Would attatch the file here if I could find a way to upload a '.htm' file to RA. Even the links etc still work, assuming their targets have not been lost.
Probably something similar on Apple OS.

But, doing it your way Tim, if the site goes down again wouldn't the images become lost?

I upload the photos directly onto RA but also store them in Photobucket as a back up

Sorry, should have been clearer.
Must make sure the 'Save As Type:' box has 'Web Page, Complete' selected.
This will save all data in an associated folder.

Back
Top Bottom