KLX 250 Airbox Modification

KMA

Bikes
05 KTM 250 excf, 96 XR250
Anyone know of a successful airbox mod for a KLX 250 (mine is a 2010)? Did a search here but came up empty

stick a kawa boss snorkel on it, takes10 minutes to cut the top to fit

alexuk said:
stick a kawa boss snorkel on it, takes10 minutes to cut the top to fit
where would I get that and what about fuel settings etc..?

It's already done Jim, it's not the standard duct on your klx, it's the boss one. I think I gave you the original as well in the box.

MastaMax said:
It's already done Jim, it's not the standard duct on your klx, it's the boss one. I think I gave you the original as well in the box.
I was wondering about that. Should have asked u first. Thanks Max

This is what I did as I do not want to cut off the or make any holes in the OEM air box.
I got a KDX 220 snorkel, and swiped it with the OEM KLX snorkel. Its much bigger and wider in the intake size. I put in a No Toil Racing air filter, after the carbs were rejetted (main, pilot changed plus the needle jet to N1TC). With my Two Brothers Racing exhaust system, I get enough perfomance for my kinda ride, fuel no change in comsumption (+-30km per litre). I am using a Clarkes 10litre tank...so good enough of at least 270km in between refill...
By just changing the air intake snorkel, it allows me to wade deeper, preventing water from entering the air box. I made sure I put some silicon on the air box top cover...on the outside..

Ooppsss sorry...the carb setting ....this is based on where I am...

Main jet chaged to 125 and pilot jet to 38. Replace OEM needle jet to Kawasaki N1TC with washer at mid (2nd) position and screw turn 2.5

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Bike Talk 2
B Bike Talk 4
M Bike Talk 3
Captain_Slash Bike Talk 10
H Bike Talk 25
Back
Top Bottom