Kawasaki KLX150S

alexuk

This is the KLX150S, from Malaysia.
There it is street legal. I was wondering how the performance (engine ,frame,and suspension) compares with the KLX125,street legal fuel injection, and the KLX140L offroad only carb, which seem to be the best choice for the short-legged or beginner wanting to go offroad in Thailand.
It may be relatively easy and cheap to upgrade components.
I hear that they can be imported tax-free to Thailand

Sorry about the image size, I dont know how to change that(Admin??)

Attachments

• Pic 1a.jpg
    Pic 1a.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 10,760
  • Pic 2.jpg
    Pic 2.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 15,981
Looks a perfect offroad mount for us small peeps and short legged cabbage patch farming girlfriends.

I rode the KLX 140 on Mark Rossi's motocross track and enjoyed the small bike a lot.

Since the stock

Alex I reckon you can just order all the street legal comonents and just bolt them on to the KLX if you're a gamlber. If you don't want to gamble just check the output of the KLX140 stator with a voltage tester to see how muc the output is. Though since it has an electric starter you'd hope it has enough charging juice.

Only issue with that thinking is that to get the 140 street legal here in Thailand you'd have to get a gree book for it for which is not inexpensive. Sad that they don't sell them street registered here.

The KLX 140L sold in Thailand is actually 144cc.

It wouldn`t surprise me if it has just been rebadged to 150 and slipped into the 125 frame with lights and blinkers on it.

I did a see a KLX 140L in Koh Samui last year that had lights,blinkers and mirrors and a plate on it.

Add a pipe to it,rejet and take the airbox snorkel off and drill some holes in the airbox to help it breath better and they go much better than standard.

Back
Top Bottom