just saying hello

jimbobs

Bikes
Versys, wave, tuk tuk, klx 250 now 331 and a zx6r
Hi Guys
I am just introducing myself, i live near Roiet but i work in Mexico for 8 weeks and have 3 weeks home in LOS, i am from Liverpool England, i support Everton tho... ime 42 up for a laugh, i like a drink and to enjoy mtself when ime home,, going to Udon Thani on the 15 -17 th of feb to get my versys serviced and let my hair down...

I am up for any rides if anyone lives around Issan and would love to meet like minded people as my circle of friends has rapidly diminished since i left Pattaya,, i have got my liver back now though but i find it a little too quiet in the village , so the Versys is a way of combating the boredom and hopefully keep me off the ale (a bit anyway) any way thats me.GOOD LUCK AND SAFE RIDING
JIM

Hi there & a warm welcome to RideAsia !

We would love to read about your Versys service... with Kawasaki in Udon I presume. Do give us your views on the waiting time there, up in Chiang Mai the queue over new year was +3 weeks!

Ally

Hi Ally

Its a strange one that i got my wife to ring them and book me in for a service, they told her to just turn up its ok. Ime going to get her to confirm that its ok, ive been through these things before,,,the no problem answer untill i ride the 220 kms to udon and there is a problem, i will keep the forum informed of developments.
To be honest though ive heard nothing but good reports about kawa Udon, they put all my extras for the Versys for free and looked after my little girl excellently whenever we had to go to the showroom

+1 on Udon Kawasaki. We have a Kawasaki in Khon Kaen but I prefer to ride to Udon as their service is quick, friendly, and thorough.

If you ride to Udon for the service may I suggest going north to Kalasin, som Det, through Pho Pan (?spelling) and then left to udon. It's a nice ride.

Welcome Jimbobs.

Do you have anything to offer us from Mexixo; ride report or pics I mean !!
We have this section

[h=2]Other Area Ride Reports[/h]
asia.png

India, Russia & UK (or any other location riders would like to share reports about their rides). Round the World Riders post Non-Asia reports here.

To be honest i work 7 days a week here and the company give us pick up trucks to travel in, i was a little intimidated by the roads, the drivers here are very aggressive, but i have seen a table of deaths per 100000 and it was established that mexico was about 120 in the table and thailand was 6th (very worrying) there is not the same amount of bikes on the road, but the ones that are here very rarely where protection/helmets etc..I am a little confused at why i deam the roads here to be more dangerous.

Me and a couple of lads have spoken about hiring a couple of bikes but bike hire is not readily available where we are.

It can be very dangerous here if you meet the wrong crowd or go the wrong bar,kidnappings and murder are everyday occurances in the papers, so i generally save my fun time for when i get home tho i have strayed a few times in a drunken stupor (not advised and frowned upon by my boss) so any relevant biker threads will be frw and far between from Mex (sorry) , but i am hoping to have a few tales to tell from many trips i have planned for LOS.

Good luck and safe riding

Jim

Back
Top Bottom