Is the R25 out already?

Thump

Bikes
'14 CBR500R; '13 CRF250M; '14 MXS125; '09 Nouvo 135
Today I saw a small blue/white sports bike that looked very much like the new YZF R25.

Is it available in Thailand already?

Attachments

• Yamaha-YZF-R25.jpg
    Yamaha-YZF-R25.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 17,645
Hi Thump.
A few months ago Khun Art at Yamaha Chiang Mai told me the R25 wouldn't be coming to Thailand because it was considered to be too expensive once here to compete with the Kawasaki and Honda equivalents. Maybe call him. "Khun 'Art' is the best person to speak to; he has good English. (081 1631115)". I can't as I'm busy chasing leprechauns. (and he doesn't 'do' emails!!)

Right, it's not assembled in Thailand and would be more expensive than the Honda and the Kawasaki.
Would it be subject to the same tarrifs as a Made in Japan bike?
AFAIK it's assembled in Indonesia.
Maybe a Malaysian bought it, there are quite a few of them riding through the south here on Versys, BMW and KTM.

Maybe it was the R15 that you saw? There seems to be a blue and white one of those.

You may be right! I wasn't even aware of the fact that the R15 is for sale here.
I saw that three-wheeled contraption and heard about the SR400 that costs more than a CB500.
Had to google it and lo and behold - there was news that the R15 is for sale in TH for 85,000 baht.
I had the carbed CBR150 and the CBR150 FI which costs a bit less than 85K and enjoyed that little engine quite a bit.
Amazing performance for a small engine and very economic.
I just wish that Honda or Yamaha would bring out a full-size 150cc enduro or a supermoto, not like Kawasaki's 14" Mickey Mouse KLX.
I may be tempted because they'd be ideal for around town and in the country.
But I guess these bikes are aimed at the local racer boys.

Back
Top Bottom