Interesting Bikes for Sale From Thai Websites.

Too heavy! The KTM 200 EXC is winning my heart at the moment. With 39 horses under the bonnet and weighing in a lean 97 Kg's it's very tempting. Kick start only though, no big deal, could do with the exercise. I love my WR, but something 15 Kg's lighter is going to make life so much easier on the tougher trails around here.
I did consider the 250, with only a few more bhp and an electric starter it gave away 7 Kg's to the 200, no contest.
Anything else worth considering to compete against the KTM 200 EXC????? Not after a rocket launcher, smooth wide power band delivery essential.

johnnysneds said:
Too heavy! The KTM 200 EXC is winning my heart at the moment. With 39 horses under the bonnet and weighing in a lean 97 Kg's it's very tempting. Kick start only though, no big deal, could do with the exercise. I love my WR, but something 15 Kg's lighter is going to make life so much easier on the tougher trails around here.
I did consider the 250, with only a few more bhp and an electric starter it gave away 7 Kg's to the 200, no contest.
Anything else worth considering to compete against the KTM 200 EXC????? Not after a rocket launcher, smooth wide power band delivery essential.

I'm loving the KTM 300 EXC-E 2 stroke, roughly the same weight and huge power

johnnysneds said:
09' WR450F

Looks clean. Would have gone for this myself, however I'm now in the market for a super light enduro 2T

http://www.mocyc.com/store/view.php?idclassified=612411

Lukes sniffing, once his nice DRZ 400 is sold ....

1322037359.jpg

Phil, your KTM is 7 Kg's heavier than the 200, that's alot when your goosed, for me anyway. I think the 300 is too much for what I'm after, I don't think I could do it justice, the 200's power/weight ratio on the other hand could be a nice compromise. I'm after something that can be lifted/dragged around easily on the technical stuff and able to give it big licks on the throttle without it chucking me off the back! And how easy are these 2T's to work on! theres nothing too them, simplicity is the key.
I'm still researching options but the 200 EXC is top of the list thus far

A late model 200cc 2 stroke would be plenty for around here,can`t beat KTM for that,it sounds like your going to buy a new one?

Interesting...
Put my little Kwaka ZX150 on B&S last thursday.
Phone rang an hour later and a deal was done another hour after that,money in hand in less than 24 hours of placing ad!

Amazing Thailand :-)

KTM 400 lc..

New piston rings and valves.. 99k asking

Phuket gazette..

Yeah spotted Si's bike up for sale..

Cant be easy to sell a monster with those cheap ones just hitting.. Tho to be fair his is the 1100

This is the bike from the Phuket Gazette:

KTM LC4.jpg

And don't ask. I have no connection to this bike, didn't hear it running let alone test it, just went to have a look. It is plated, but I have no idea about the book.

Yeah he sent me pics which looked pretty well 'used'.. But then does have a book (as you say unknown quality, he claims legit) so is cheap for plated..

Nasty miss matched tyres etc. Makes you think what kind of attention it got.

Just noticed something in the picture that I didn't see when I was standing there: the tax-sticker on the side says 2552 (we are now in 2555), which means that either it has lapsed or is about to (if you don't pay tax on a bike for 3 years, you have to jump through a couple of hoops, which typically ends up costing you 7-8000 thb to get it road-legal again). At the bare minimum you would have to pay 3 years back tax on it (this being January is probably the case).

Tom said:
This is the bike from the Phuket Gazette:

[attachment=0:rugngyho]KTM LC4.jpg[/attachment:rugngyho]

And don't ask. I have no connection to this bike, didn't hear it running let alone test it, just went to have a look. It is plated, but I have no idea about the book.

When was this bike in production? 400cc LC4?

Well, as best I can tell they were made from 1993 to 2006. However, there have been some changes over the years and the bike pictured here could not be newer than 2000. From 2001 onwards the tank looks different.

This is a 1997 model (source: http://www.bikez.com)
KTM LC4 1997.jpg
Also, check out this page www.bikepics.net

Mr Russell just spotted this - 2008 Honda CBR 1000 RR 360,000 Bht (invoice only)

http://www.bikez.biz/ads/showad.php?ad= ... br_1000_rr

photo.jpg

For sale: Honda CBR 1000 RR 2008
Condition: As new Color: Black Milage: 9700 Km
Description: Amazing bike - Euro / full power spec ; call Frank to view the bike (different person from FranCK BRB). All import papers complete.
Equipment: Standard
Price wanted: 360000 THB (Sold private)
Where: Thailand, 10230 Bangkhen
Phone: 0846735465

Back
Top Bottom