A couple of interesting bikes for sale in Chiang Mai

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
I was over seeing Lek the Thai mechanic today (behind the CNX railway station) & he has a few bikes for sale, a couple of them quite interesting.

He has later model Honda XR 250 for sale invoice only 90,000 Bht. It has an aftermarket exhaust & the engine looked in good condition.

Also a 2005 Yamaha WR 250 F. Steel frame, this is Lek's own bike, he's asking 140,000 Bht (invoice only)

I was over seeing Lek the Thai mechanic today (behind the CNX railway station) & he has a few bikes for sale, a couple of them quite interesting.

He has later model Honda XR 250 for sale invoice only 90,000 Bht. It has an aftermarket exhaust & the engine looked in good condition.

Also a 2005 Yamaha WR 250 F. Steel frame, this is Lek's own bike, he's asking 140,000 Bht (invoice only)

Hi Guys,

Maybe you can enlighten me as I am very confused _ it doesn't take much I can tell you.

I have seen a few ads lately for XR's asking what seem to be ridiculous prices, to me anyway!

About 6 months ago I was looking for an XR 250 or similar and at that time a nice model would go for about 60K. Then came along the new CRF 250 L and I saw a few examples as low as 30K as people unloaded their ' maintenance black holes' in favour of newer models, makes sense right?.. Now It seems that some have added an extra 100k to the asking price of some of these old beasts. I know that a good example with good maintenance is always preferable but bikes nearing 10 years old or more at the same price as a new bike just does not make sense to me. I was hoping that now The new CRF 250L has taken off that XR and similar bikes would tumble into the 20K territory. what do you think?

No chance!

Why, because the CRFL is an overweight trail bike, the XR can and does still win enduro races.

XR's are very reliable, that's why they are so sought after and still command good money.

Unless you were doing heaps of road riding the XR is by far a better bike

No chance!

Why, because the CRFL is an overweight trail bike, the XR can and does still win enduro races.

XR's are very reliable, that's why they are so sought after and still command good money.

Unless you were doing heaps of road riding the XR is by far a better bike

I hear what you are saying and can understand that the XR may be more suited to enduro racing but I'm guessing the majority use them for trails around Chiang Mai anyway. Ive also heard that the CRFL is excellent at trails as well. Doesn't really answer why sellers are asking inflated prices so much lately. As I said before, 60K would buy a good machine 6 months ago now some want double that.
Anyway, I live in hope for a fair machine at about 20/30K. never say never he he

I hear what you are saying and can understand that the XR may be more suited to enduro racing but I'm guessing the majority use them for trails around Chiang Mai anyway. Ive also heard that the CRFL is excellent at trails as well. Doesn't really answer why sellers are asking inflated prices so much lately. As I said before, 60K would buy a good machine 6 months ago now some want double that.
Anyway, I live in hope for a fair machine at about 20/30K. never say never he he

Actually, has anyone got anything interesting in the 20/30k region they want to sell. Any thing big bike, street, motard, enduro. need some thing sensible to get around on fro not much money.

Actually, has anyone got anything interesting in the 20/30k region they want to sell. Any thing big bike, street, motard, enduro. need some thing sensible to get around on fro not much money.

Lek's got some bikes for sale around those prices ...give him a call

084 613 8878

Lek's got some bikes for sale around those prices ...give him a call

084 613 8878

Hi Phil

I phoned Lek and I think he wants me to come to his home tomorrow where the bikes are.

His English is just as bad as my Thai so I could not get directions from him.

I wonder if you could give me directions to his home.

regards

Stoni

This should get you to Lek

Lek Shop, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Lek - a motocross rider in Chiang Mai, Thailand is a mechanic some people use to do work on their dirt bikes.

He's hard to find, so i've used a mapsource screen shot to show his location from the Nawerat bridge in Chiang Mai.

He speaks basic English and is very reliable.

Back
Top Bottom