Idea For The Forum - Trail Grading

madjbs

Bikes
BMW F650gs
Just an idea, not sure if it could work or not so I thought I would just get some other people's thoughts.

I know there is a trail report section to the forum but I think it would be very useful for people who are new to riding off road in Chiang Mai or people who don't join the group rides if there was a sticky thread in which people simply graded the trails they have done on a simple scale (1-4 perhaps)

I am not entirely sure how it could work but perhaps people could just post a screen capture from base camp of the route with the grade and a very short description of the type of terrain (rocky, sandy, singletrack etc...) If the info in the thread was just limited to that it could become a very useful resource for people reading the forum and planning off road rides.

If it grew in size you could split it into a couple of threads for different areas, so it could become an accompaniment to the map as a quick guide kind of thing. It wouldn't take long for people to do as you guys already seem to do the screen capture bit, it would just allow people to find info on the trails a lot easier and quicker.

What do people think?

James, it's an excellent idea and one that has been talked about. We had talked about grading them in the same method as ski runs, ie red, black, double diamond etc..... but numbers would work too....

There's been some extensive trail riding data recorded in the last few years, so we're at a stage where we can start to put this together.

madjbs said:
Just an idea, not sure if it could work or not so I thought I would just get some other people's thoughts.

I know there is a trail report section to the forum but I think it would be very useful for people who are new to riding off road in Chiang Mai or people who don't join the group rides if there was a sticky thread in which people simply graded the trails they have done on a simple scale (1-4 perhaps)

I am not entirely sure how it could work but perhaps people could just post a screen capture from base camp of the route with the grade and a very short description of the type of terrain (rocky, sandy, singletrack etc...) If the info in the thread was just limited to that it could become a very useful resource for people reading the forum and planning off road rides.

If it grew in size you could split it into a couple of threads for different areas, so it could become an accompaniment to the map as a quick guide kind of thing. It wouldn't take long for people to do as you guys already seem to do the screen capture bit, it would just allow people to find info on the trails a lot easier and quicker.

What do people think?

Back
Top Bottom