I Test Rode And Bought A 310GS Today

Captain_Slash

Community Manager
Bikes
BMW 310GS Honda Wave 125 Honda MSX 125
IMG_1999.jpg
Trying it out for size at Bahnstormer my local BMW dealer 20 km from my house, a bit lower then the CRF 250L which was appreciated
IMG_2000.jpg
I traded in my Honda CB500F against a brand new red one which I will pick up the end of march when I return to the UK
IMG_2001.jpg
It only had 10km on the clock so no racing it but it was great out along these country lanes and the larger 19" front wheel was a lot better on these bumpy roads then the smaller front wheel on the 310R
IMG_2002.jpg
6000 rpm which I was told to not exceed equated to 100 kph in 6th gear
IMG_2003.jpg
Amusingly when I got back to the shop a few of the staff were asking me how the bike was as nobody there has rode one yet as it was the first one they had and it only arrived a couple of days ago plus its not officially launched until next saturday 21st.
According to them I was probably the first customer to ride one in the UK, a fun machine and one I am looking forward to getting next year.

Looks great Colin, congratulations.

Wht didnt you wait until you got back from Thailand to buy it?

BMW will only supply these bikes to their dealers if the customer puts a £500 deposit down and this new 310GS is in demand, if I waited until I got back there was a good chance of a three month wait to get one.
It wont be registered until 31st march so will have a 2018 number plate, plus I only want the red colour and this wont be there for a while so I decided to do the deal yesterday, I gave them my 500F as a deposit and will pay the balance when I get the bike

I'm really intrigued about this bike. Would like to know more of your impression when you get a few km on it.

I'm really intrigued about this bike. Would like to know more of your impression when you get a few km on it.

Once I get it and do some trips I will put the reports on here Mark

I picked it up yesterday and have only rode 90 miles on it so far Marcel but it is ideal for the riding that I do and the roads that I like riding on

IMG_7038.jpg
At the dealers early yesterday morning on a sunny warm day
IMG_7044.jpg

Looking good Colin! Do you think tall people like me (1.92m) will fit well?

Looks good Colin
And some nice weather by the looks of things lol.

Can't wait to read your report on the bike.

Looking good Colin! Do you think tall people like me (1.92m) will fit well?

Not too sure Marcel, the 310R feels a bit cramped for me but the 310GS is a little bit roomier, perhaps your extra height might make it a bit more cramped for you.

The stepped seat is a nuisance concerning not being able to slide back a bit for taller people

They are pretty good for this type of bike I guess, I just noticed that Pirelli has the Scorpion Trails in the same size.

When the Metzelers need replacing I will either stay with them or probably change to Michelin Anakee 3s, not a fan of Pirellis personally

There is a black one on show at Barcelona in CR Central.
So I was able to try it for size, it fits and looks very well made....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rss BMW Motorcycles 0
Back
Top Bottom