How much support from Knee Braces

garethw

Bikes
KTM 250 EXC-F
To those of you that own and use knees braces, how much support do you think they provide to your knees?

I damaged the cruciate ligaments in my left knee playing football around 20 years ago, now I am riding more and more standing up my left knee gets pretty sore afterwards. I was thinking of buying knee braces to see if that would help and provide more support and protection, but am kinda loath to part with the cash for what could be an expensive experiment.

Cheers.

They wont prevent your knee from getting sore, that's down to wear and tear and aging and dont really provide "support"

But they can prevent over-extension / flexion and the side-side movement that often ruptures ligaments.

Orthopedic surgeons say the best way to support the knee naturally is to build up the thigh muscles with leg extension exercises, this then puts less stress on the ligaments to hold the knee together.

Aging, argghhh. Looks like instead of walking past the gym at work, I'll have to go back in to it again and try to get some fitness back up and work on the thighs.

LUFC said:
They wont prevent your knee from getting sore, that's down to wear and tear and aging and dont really provide "support"

But they can prevent over-extension / flexion and the side-side movement that often ruptures ligaments.

Orthopedic surgeons say the best way to support the knee naturally is to build up the thigh muscles with leg extension exercises, this then puts less stress on the ligaments to hold the knee together.

I am so glad I read this topic ;)

Thanks LUFC

Ally

Back
Top Bottom