Captain_Slash

Community Manager
Bikes
BMW 310GS Honda Wave 125 Honda MSX 125
At the end of the holiday and a number plate now adorns it

All in my name
The final mileage as I handed it over to my friend this morning
3700 Baht for the front fork upgrade kit with preload adjusters
7900 Baht for the rear gas shocks with both preload and rebound damping.

The suspension upgrades were the best money I spent on it, it was a totally different bike with them put on and set up properly by CMS and I recommend them to anyone who rides these a lot.
I rode from Nan to Mae Sariang which was just over 500 km in a day with no discomfort at all.
The bike has performed flawlessly over the past 5.5 months and on the paved surface is the most comfortable bike for long journeys I have owned here.
Offroad it hasnt let me down either and I am not wearing out bearings, brake pads, front sprockets and chains which was a real pain on the KLX 150, it is a well built robust bike.
In 2004 I bought the same model and rode 20000 km in four months only on the paved surface, at the end of the holiday I was in a lot of discomfort from a bruised coccyx and aching neck muscles from the continuous pounding on the roads with a shit standard suspension system.
This trip I have been riding it offroad on some very bumpy roads and I have no aches whatsoever, this can only be attributed to the YSS Suspension system fitted to it and thats why I say its the best money I spent on it.

I just upgraded my Wave 125i with YSS rear shocks (G-Wave). Yours look a bit different than mine. What model are those? I am curious because with mine, I was not able to put the chain guard back on due to the lower end of the spring hitting it. Were you able to keep it on with those?

David

CMS fitted mine, they had issues fitting the rear with some cutting of plastic needed to get them to fit properly but the chain guard wasn't a problem and is still on there.

Mine were 7900 and have both preload and rebound damping and are 1 cm longer than standard, they are the G series but I cant remember the exact model, the photos are on my laptop, next time I use it I will look it up.

How much were they?

CMS fitted mine, they had issues fitting the rear with some cutting of plastic needed to get them to fit properly but the chain guard wasn't a problem and is still on there.

Mine were 7900 and have both preload and rebound damping and are 1 cm longer than standard, they are the G series but I cant remember the exact model, the photos are on my laptop, next time I use it I will look it up.

How much were they?
I paid 3900 baht for the YSS G-Wave shocks.

David

They were probably the ones I originally was asking for but the guy at CMS recommended spending a bit extra for the ones with rebound as well as preload as I am doing off road riding

They were probably the ones I originally was asking for but the guy at CMS recommended spending a bit extra for the ones with rebound as well as preload as I am doing off road riding
Were you able to keep the OEM chain guard on with the recommended ones?

Back
Top Bottom