Honda spare parts in Chiang Mai

Fishtraveller

Bikes
Steed 600 VLX
Hi Folks!

I needed a thermo switch por my 1994 VT600C so this morning I drove into the Old City and went to Honda Big Wing in Walking Street. Once there, I made my way to the office that takes care of spare parts and requested the needed Honda original part number from the clerk.
After he immediately informed me they did not have parts for Honda Steed 600 bikes, I requested he look up in the Honda Thailand database, to see if this part might be available in Bangkok. (It is a rather standard part that has been used on well over 100 models of Honda motorcycles, until quite recently).
To no avail! His computer screen did not seem to show any relevance with the part number I requested.
Rather unsatisfied with the result of this quest and the general attitude; I decided to have another try at the large Honda Dealer I had once visited, on Kaeo Nawarat road, and that seemed at the time to have a very active spare parts sales department.
I made my way there and entered the spare parts and accessory shop that is next door to this large Honda (mostly scooters) concession.
I sat down in front of a desk and waited and a lady came along, asking what I needed. I gave her the part number, she looked it up on her computer, then spoke briefly on her walkie talkie. 2 minutes later, another lady appeared with an original Honda parts bag, containing the well sought after thermo switch. I was amazed to say the least! I praised them and thanked them and paid the very reasonable bill they presented. After that, I had an opportunity to walk around their accessory and parts shop, and I must say, they do have a lot of interesting stuff in stock.
So much for Big Wing service for Big Honda Bikes in Chiang Mai!

Good to hear you managed to find good service the shop you mention is Sangchai Panich also a good source for tyres and the like, it would appear almost all the bike repair shops in Chiang Mai use them for part's. As for Big Wing almost nobody has a good word for them.

http://www.facebook.com/SANGCHAIPANICH/timeline

Back
Top Bottom