Honda NC700X v Kawasaki Versys (Motorcycle.com)

2wheels

Community Manager
Bikes
ROYAL ENFIELD CLASSIC
Middleweight Multi-tool Shootout: 2012 Honda NC700X vs. Kawasaki Versys - Video - Motorcycle.com

2012-honda-nc700x-kawasaki-versys-01-static.jpg

"Although different in tune and power delivery, both engines run awesome," Firestone observes. "The laid-down engine of the Honda is better suited for commuting and freeway use with its super-smooth and less revvy engine and awesome MPG."

Last edited:
BUT in Thailand;

NC700X is about 451,000 (plus recent tax increases)

Versys is about 285,000 (ditto)

BUT in Thailand;

NC700X is about 451,000 (plus recent tax increases)

Versys is about 285,000 (ditto)

Cheers Ron, thanks for the link!

Desperately bike shopping here (northern Canada) and the Versys is looking darn good for my wants and needs. Only have room to store one bike inside, so no thoughts of 2 bikes.

Versys are available used often here, for around 150,000 baht equivalent for 2 year old models with low mileage. One downside is most used examples have been lowered and sadly higway'fied to some degree (10's of thousands km's of maintained gravel roads around here). Money saved buying used can be put to some degree of building a gravel runner. Big hopes to scoot east and ride around the sacred headwaters

In the last 3 cities I visited with work, no Honda dealer stocks the NC700x, and the attitude is, here, that 'scooters like it don't sell'.

If similar priced, the NC700x would be a better fit for Northern Thai riding..IMO - KLX/D Tracker mileage with storage, and low revs for all the secondary Thai roads, nice. But New Concept (NC), hasn't the Aprilia Mana GT, with a flat P twin and large gas tank storage area, been on the market for several years?

Good to hear from you again Kevin.
Wow, Northern BC looks fantastic.

The Versys satisfies many; have you checked the new CB500X?
That might be very suitable.

Hope to read a trip report soon.

Best wishes.

Good to hear from you again Kevin.
Wow, Northern BC looks fantastic.

The Versys satisfies many; have you checked the new CB500X?
That might be very suitable.

Hope to read a trip report soon.

Best wishes.

Cheers

The CB500x was not at dealers neither, but at two grand less than a new Versys it is an interesting option. Honda is certainly selling more reasonably priced models, as Honda (and Yammie) choices had always cost a bit more then similar Zukies and Kawasaki's. If the CBx was noticeably lighter it would be a much better option, here (like down under), 110 kph speed limits on long stretches of pavement abound in all directions.

For a similar price as the CB500x you could get a new DR650 - which is the other bike at the top of my list. I'm familiar with the DR, I owned a 91 (but not the nifty DR-RS available then) which at the time was far to heavy and slow for me, oh how the times change.

Sure hope I get the chance to generate a ride report!!! Edit; Would seem funny to post a northern Canadian ride on RideAsia.net?

That's why we have this section Kevin;

[h=2]Other Area Ride Reports[/h]
asia.png

India, Russia & UK (or any other location riders would like to share reports about their rides). Round the World Riders post Non-Asia reports here.

Best wishes

Back
Top Bottom