Honda CX-01 - 300cc Version?

Gnasher328

Bikes
Ducati 851 & Mille S2, HD FXR, Trumpet R3, BMW R100RS, CRF 250
Yes it does mention that some countries will get a 300cc without specifying where, and that the price, according to some experts, will be around 100,000 THB up. No mention of where it will be built.

The CRF 250 L/M uses the CBR 250cc engine and the CBR 300 is already for sale here, that is where I would expect a 300cc CRF engine to come from.

The CRF Rally concept would have been the ideal bike to release a CRF 300 but unfortunately it's still only a 250cc.

I'm really interested in this bike! I'm happy so far with my CRF250M but there's always room for improvement. A bigger tank would be nice and a slightly lower seating position with a wider seat would be more comfortable on longer trips, also more economic because of less wind resistance.
If the CX-01 gets the same suspension as the CRF250M plus the 286cc engine I'd be very tempted! But if it's a 250 I wouldn't bother.
The suspension was the reason why I chose the CRF250M over the CB500X, hopefully the CX-01 will have the same amount of travel.
The upside-down forks and front disc (not the caliper) look very much the same as on the M.
Shouldn't cost more than a CBR300R with ABS.

Honda has another concept that looks quite similar, even better IMO, but it's supposedly going to be a 150cc model.

Which isn't all bad, I've said for a long time that Honda should do something with the brilliant little CBR150R engine.

Trellis frame, single-sided swing arm, cool exhaust... price it right and it'll sell!

honda-sfa-150-concept-p.jpgHonda-SFA-Concept-5-.jpg

Back
Top Bottom