Honda CRF450!!! (Rally)

2wheels

Community Manager
Bikes
ROYAL ENFIELD CLASSIC
Honda Reveals 2014 CRF450 Rally » Motorcycle.com News

100813-2014-honda-crf450-rally-dakar-racer-f.jpg

An 'L' version also please Honda-san. :p

I see many people drool over these bikes as desirous for riding over here. Maybe I'm weird but i don't get these bikes for riding here. Unlike Africa or remote parts of Chile I've never found gas to be an issue in South East Asia. The idea of having a fuel tank capable of carrying something like 9 gallons of fuel (where in my experience I've never found anything more than 3-4 gallons to be needed), and related compromises (low exhaust, wide tank, etc.) seems a bit of a waste in my eyes. A single cylinder 5 speed CRF -X gearbox with appropriate gearing for offroading will net a cruising speed of no more than 50 MPH (according to friends with CRF-X450's). Not pavement eating cruising speeds for sure and with about 50 MPH cruising why would you need the barn door of a fairing bolted to the front of the bike? i'd hate to ride any singletrack with that thing. My estimates of fuel capacity and cruising speed are estimates but you get the point. Jeez maybe I've gotta take of my grumpy ole man hat.

Maybe it'll prevent you from going over the handlebars as often. Im contemplating putting the "barn door" on the front of all my bikes, might even put them on the side and back too - oh wait a minute that'll be a car!

Back
Top Bottom