Hi Everyone

Ride4smiles

Bikes
Bmw F800GS, KLR650, Honda CRL 250L
Believe it or not I only just came across this site yesterday and it's already proved to be a great source of information so I'll start by saying thanks to everyone that has contributed.

I should introduce myself, my name is Sheldon and I'm from Australia. I'm now in Pattaya Thailand arriving a few weeks ago and looking to buy a bike and ride SEA.

Been travelling the world for just on 5 years and it's seen me ride my Bmw F800 through 80 odd countries in Africa, Europe, North Central and South America. She will be here next year, I was going to ride her to SEA but missed the weather window for Siberia this European summer and I couldn't ride the other way through Iran, Pakistan and India as my bike is officially unregistered so couldn't obtain a carnet for it from Australia and to import it into another country then obtain a carnet that way was just ridiculously expensive so here I am looking for a new baby.

I'm looking along the lines of a CRF 250L or a KLX 250 something that will be a bit of fun, if anyone knows of any up for grabs please let me know it would be a great help.

Thanks again for everyone's contributions it really helps a lot when you come to a new continent with pretty much no knowledge and hopefully I'll be able to add a little myself as time goes by and if you want any info on pretty much anywhere else in the world feel free to ask, if I can't answer it directly I have a fantastic support network of friends I have made from all over the world that can pretty much solve any issue.

I have a blog it's on Advrider I'm sure a lot of you are familiar with that site but it's probably easiest to just link to it from my website at www.ride4smiles.com

Looking forward to maybe crossing paths with some of you in my time here in SEA and sharing some stories over a beer or two.

Cheers and ride safely always

Sheldon

Welcome aboard, Sheldon. Riding in Asia is a hell of a lot of fun.

Welcome Sheldon, there is a KLX 250 for sale that I know of, I have sent a link to this page to the seller.

If you either post or PM me your contact details I will pass them on via Facebook, I am in the UK at the moment and have no other way of contacting him

KLX250 S for sale

Hey Sheldon,

My name is Christian im am from Germany. I was working for a foundation in Mae Sariang (3 h west of Chiang Mai) for a year. Now that i just finished my job i will start travelling to the South of Thailand, Malasyia, Australia and NZ.

I bougth my second hand KLX 250 S from Colin a year ago. As he is a guy traveling with whole thailand it already had lot of KM, but a perfect sercive book and recieds for everything. I continued doing this and put another 20k in a year on it. So right now the bike has 88 500 km and is 4 years old. I think it is in the best possible machanical condition. I just checked it at Kawasaki Shop in Chiang Mai, they approved.
It comes with the luggage racks, some spare parts, and all documents you need for driving it legally in Thailand.

I am asking 68 000 TBT for it.

Here is a video of it, i am sorry Youtube did some auto improvment of the video, which definitely was no improvement ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1vgbQjcpVo

If you re intrested or need futher informations let me know.

Thanks

Thanks mate, I just sent a pm to Christian the bike looks fantastic in the video, it's been very well cared for which is always a sign the internals are fine, it's had a fair bit of work done on it recently which is good, my only concern is the total amount of kilometres, 88 000 is a fair few I'd be a bit worried about other little issues popping up, how is sourcing parts for the KLX in SEA

No worries there Sheldon, the bike is made in Thailand, parts are cheap as is labour and easily obtainable

No Jerry, I sleep in guest houses or hotels, I have no interest in camping in Thailand

Back
Top Bottom