Hello!

Satonic

Well I thought I should introduce myself to what seems a very friendly forum!

I'm pretty new to this, I have never been a active member of a motorcycle forum before despite bikes being a big part of my life.

Well I have lived in Thailand for 9 years now, originally from London.

My home is in Bangkok but my heart is on the road :)

Currently I have a klx 250, nouvo elegance and a 1974 Suzuki k125 that I have (chucked loads of money at) restored.

My dream - to ride the entire border of thailand, Be it on or off road. I'm not sure if it's even possible but hey, when there's a will there's a way.

Cheers

Hi there Satonic & welcome to RideAsia, great that you have posted 11 times already & now say "Hello" ;)

Hope your other half doesn't ban you from reading the forum (I read your other post ) and lets hope she can make it with you when you ride the border.

Ally

Welcome Satonic. Hope to see you on the trails/roads sometime.......

Thanks for the warm welcome

And Ally yes, I'm normally quite backwards in most things I do ;)

I will pop over to the quarry one day this week and take some photos, I'm not sure if its been covered here before.

I was wondering, If I wanted to join in some of the action in north Thailand would it be possible to travel by train (me + klx) from Bkk to Chiang Mai? I have done this before with a scooter, but would the size of the klx cause issues?

Cheers

I join the welcomes, Satonic.
That dream of yours is do-able and I hope you pursue it.

I join the welcomes, Satonic.
That dream of yours is do-able and I hope you pursue it.

Thanks 2 wheels.

I'm not sure how much of the border runs through national parks or jungles and also how the deep south of Thailand will be (never been further south than Phuket) but I'm starting to peice it together with some of the many trip reports I have been reading. I have myself a gps, and I'll need to get some good quality maps that show trails as well as roads.

If all goes to plan I should have the time in January so I think the weather will be ok then.

I have never taken a long trip before so I don't really know how to plan exactly, If I can get the route sorted, buy a tent (and try not to use it), make sure I have enough money and my health insurance is in order, pack some imodium and get the missus to make me a packed lunch then surely nothing can go wrong! haha

I wonder what the next dream will be if I complete this one :/

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom