Hello from Malaysia

JJaafar

Bikes
KTM 200 Duke "CMTE"
Sorry for the lame title.. I couldn't figure what to put there that hasn't been said before, so i defaulted into my 'lazy-ass' greeting...

Short intro:-

I'm a 35 yo Hotelier based in Northern Malaysia. Rides a 200 Duke with some touring specific farkles on it (hard case panniers, phone/gps holder, 12v charging outlet for the phone and air pump). In on this forum to research more roads to ride, especially in Malaysia itself. So the RR area is a boon to me. Perhaps I'll do some RR of my rides too, just to share. I usually ride solo or in a small group of about 4 bikes only. Don't quite see the point or fancy going in a LARGE group... more stress that way IMHO.

Planning for a 10 day ride next year sometime, within Peninsula Malaysia on an exploration ride, camping along the way and basically touring on the cheap haha. Anyone here up for it?

I'm also looking into doing up the Duke into a bit more 'rough road' machine. Tyre swaps, mx-style foot-pegs, etc etc so that I can explore more. Any thoughts, views and help on this matter is appreciated.

I
'm also looking into doing up the Duke into a bit more 'rough road' machine. Tyre swaps, mx-style foot-pegs, etc etc so that I can explore more. Any thoughts, views and help on this matter is appreciated.

A KTM Duke 200 ???? it is not a type of bike i would consider to take off-road even with dirt tyres on IMO

But good luck love to hear how you get on and to read some RR

But here is a link to some guys in OZ that could help you

http://www.ktmduke390forum.com/forum/ktm-duke-general-discussion/8009-off-road-duke.html

I

A KTM Duke 200 ???? it is not a type of bike i would consider to take off-road even with dirt tyres on IMO

But good luck love to here how you get on and to read some RR

But here is a link to some guys in OZ that could help you

http://www.ktmduke390forum.com/forum/ktm-duke-general-discussion/8009-off-road-duke.html

Thanks for the link. To be fair, I'm just looking at light estate trails, graded roads and things like that. The tyres for safety aspect, the mx foot-pegs so that I can stand more comfortably while on dirt roads. Thaks again though :D

Welcome JJaafar, I think you will find some of what you need here on this forum and you might even be tempted to come and visit us up North in Thailand?!
Look forward to your upcoming posts and pictures!

Can you get Veerubber tires in Malaysia? They make a copy of the Pirelli MT60's that you may want to try on the Duke.

Welcome JJaafar, I think you will find some of what you need here on this forum and you might even be tempted to come and visit us up North in Thailand?!
Look forward to your upcoming posts and pictures!

Can you get Veerubber tires in Malaysia? They make a copy of the Pirelli MT60's that you may want to try on the Duke.

Never heard of Veerubber. Is it available in Thailand?

I would love to travel to north Thailand. Lemme get more miles in Malaysia under my belt first hhahaha. At the same time, same invitation goes out to you guys in Thailand to come and visit us here. Perhaps a bike camping rally on the beach next year?

Hi Guys, I am now retired in Penang and looking to do a bit of off roading on my KLX250.

Have ridden off road 40+ years ago, now want to get back into it.

Any interest in Penang/ipoh etc area??

Phil

Hi Guys,
Just sold the KLX250 and bought a 2016 Sherco 300 sef r

still looking for some easy off road stuff penang and northern mainland area

Yep, built in France and so far so very good!! About 40 KG lighter than my KLX250!!!!

Back
Top Bottom