Hello Everybody! Who owns the KTM 525?

ETS

Bikes
KTM 525, Ducati 900ss
I have been living in Chiang Mai, Thailand for about 5 months now. I recently acquired a KTM 525 here and I was looking around for a good mechanic to do at least a top end overhaul. The guy at Chiang Mai motocross said there was another guy here named Justin with a KTM 525 that used his mechanic for an overhaul and I was going to see if he was happy with how it turned out and if he would do it again. I can actually do the work myself (as I am a small aircraft mechanic in a previous life), but would need to buy some specialty tools so was leaning toward letting the mechanic here do it.

Hopefully I will have it up and running sooner rather than later and be ready to ride!

Thank you, Eric

In my opinion, if you are a mechanic and know what you are doing then bite the bullet and buy the tools and do it yourself...
That way you know for certain that the job has been done to the right spec's.

What specialty tools do you need for it??

+1 to that. Take your time and do it right yourself. All tools are readily available in Chiang Mai.
Have you got your top end kit yet?

The main tool I need is a cam chain breaker/riveter. The cam chain has to be broken to remove the head. Then riveted back when finished. I will probably also need a Hone (I believe size 95mm). There may be some other things that I might need, but for now I know at least those two things. All the parts I can get from the USA and just have them shipped pretty easily.

Back
Top Bottom