Hat Lek Thailand and Chean Yeam Cambodia info

Tanarthur

Bikes
Current ride. Kawasaki Versys 650 2012
Dear all. Thank you for the valuable information. I had crossed this border and now at Koh Kong town. There is no need for bike documentation. I paid 100 baht for entry into cambodia. 20 baht for vaccination. Then just normal passport procedure... Noted there is a toll station that cost 1400 riel we need to pay.

Coordinates for Ban Had Lek immigration is N11.65156 E102.90906

Cheers!!!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418726645.318016.jpg

Let's just ride....

There is no need for bike documentation.

Meaning ?? I have crossed there a bunch of times in cars and on bikes and no way would it have worked without some bike or car docs having it in my name..

They didnt make you clear customs and do a temp export on the Thai side ??

- - - Updated - - -

There is no need for bike documentation.

Meaning ?? I have crossed there a bunch of times in cars and on bikes and no way would it have worked without some bike or car docs having it in my name..

They didnt make you clear customs and do a temp export on the Thai side ??

Thai side I surrender my import doc. Cam side nothing was asked... I ask around. All say no need to import...

Let's just ride....

Ah yes. The Khmer side don't have a process.. But you can't get to the Khmer side without your bike docs :)

Last time I did that border they were hell saying I couldn't leave the province, tried to keep my Thai export papers to make sure I returned that way. Huge hassle..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Ah yes. The Khmer side don't have a process.. But you can't get to the Khmer side without your bike docs :)

Last time I did that border they were hell saying I couldn't leave the province, tried to keep my Thai export papers to make sure I returned that way. Huge hassle..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Tanarthur is riding a Malaysia/Singapore plated bike so he has no Thai export papers

Thanks for the clarifications..

Let's just ride....

Thanks for the clarifications..

Let's just ride....

There is no official procedure. Thai bikes/cars/trucks have their export documents held and last time I even saw a folder with blue registrations being held. However, normally they only hold the one temporary export document (not the passenger conveyance one) and tell you not to leave Koh Kong province although in reality there's nothing stopping you.

I'm quite sure it's the same for other registrations such as Singapore/Malaysia. Although they don't have anything to hold onto, they are not officially allowed to travel around the country although in practice, again, there is nothing stopping them.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tanarthur Cambodia Information 39
Back
Top Bottom