From Nan to Chiang Rai via the scenic route

Changnoi1

Bikes
Kawasaki Z250
Since about 4 months I am living in Nan, motorbike riding paradise. Unfortunately it is a bit raining and I am not an all-weather biker. But 10 days ago there were a few nice days so I took the bike for a ride to Chiang Rai. I took the scenic route via the 1148. Wow what a great road and everything is so beautiful green now.

Passing Phu Lankha (one and only coffee shop along the 1148). At Song Kwae I took a side trip to the Thai-Lao border market (only on sundays) with a border crossing for locals. Nice and good road all the way to the border with some road construction.

Coming to CR I made a bit of unplanned sight-seeing on a route that I thought would be a quit back road but it was a bit busy. On the way back I took a bit different route via Pong (many beautiful wooden houses). Although the first 20km were dry, until just after Pong I was riding in the rain (not my favourite thing). So I was very happy to see a brand new coffee shop just before Chiang Muan. Very good hot chocolate .... and a good clean toilet!

I am trying to insert photos ... but the first option "via computer" does not really work. Second option "via URL". Seems to work. Will have a look how it looks and maybe add more later. Of course you can read the full report at my own travel-blog at http://changnoi1.blogspot.com/2016/08/on-motorbike-from-nan-to-chiang-rai-in.html

Well if anyone is (going to) riding in Nan .. let me know. Maybe we can meet for a chat / snack / ride. In the meanwhile I am exploring the back roads of Nan province, like the area of the mountains between Nan and Phayao province.

DSC00528.jpg

20160825_094926.jpg

Back
Top Bottom