Flores ride

Iron Chef

Bikes
FJR1300
I did a ride around Flores a couple of months ago.
Rented a Kawasaki KX150 in Labuan Bajo via Bali Motorbike Rentals who are based in Denpasar but have bikes on Flores.
The road that crosses the island is superb. Built with the Australian Government it is endless hotmix corners.
Much of that route is over 1000m in the mountains dropping down only occasionally.
In the west Maumere is a lovely seaside location with few people and wonderful sunsets.
I rode back across the north and this road is really rough and washed away into the ocean in parts but not difficult.
The best thing is the people who are crazy friendly. Every village you ride into everyone stops and waves and says hello, children go wild, stop and you are like a celebrity.
Couple of photos.

BFE962K.jpg

VqhIYmt.jpg

CkiYSR7.jpg

w6jV3iv.jpg

Incq7ij.jpg

Lots of photos and overly long ride report on my personal non commercial blog which I cannot be bothered to retype for anyone interested. www.motorcycleparadise.net

regards,

Last edited:
Thanks for posting, you can simply copy and paste from your blog to RA works just fine.

It needs the photos and maps to connect to the words. Transferring all those to hosting sites then reassembling everything again on a forum is something I can't be bothered with. Not seeking traffic just easier to post a link. The site is not monetized, if someone visits or not makes zero difference as just my personal journal.

Thanks for posting. I really like the photos. I can pinpoint the shot of the bike with Gunung Inerie poking up in the background but what about that bay? Not the sunset, the daytime shot? I also ride a KLX150 based in Lombok. Ideal bike for east Indonesia. Anywhere east of Bali is riding paradise. I love Sumbawa too. Can’t wait to get to get back early next year

Attachments

• AF9B367C-7C27-4AB5-9CEA-5C1677CF32CC.jpeg
    AF9B367C-7C27-4AB5-9CEA-5C1677CF32CC.jpeg
    555.8 KB · Views: 345
  • 77B332AD-B9A7-4BDE-8236-F3D09AFC9249.jpeg
    77B332AD-B9A7-4BDE-8236-F3D09AFC9249.jpeg
    341.1 KB · Views: 307
  • 4EB6BDB1-6F78-4B32-BEF6-800555295300.jpeg
    4EB6BDB1-6F78-4B32-BEF6-800555295300.jpeg
    261.6 KB · Views: 338
Iron chef,

Can you give me a idea of how much you paid for the rental of the KLX150 you renter from Bali Mororbike Rentals?

Did you pick up the bike in Bali or Lombok?

What was the deposit required?

Thanks friend.

Richard

Iron chef,

Can you give me a idea of how much you paid for the rental of the KLX150 you renter from Bali Mororbike Rentals?

Did you pick up the bike in Bali or Lombok?

What was the deposit required?

Thanks friend.

Richard

From memory the bike was $19 a day.
I picked it up and returned it in Labuan Bajo town.
Deposit I cannot remember, I have the figure of $400 in my mind but I rented a few bikes this year so that may be elsewhere - but it wasn't large amount and was refunded promptly upon return of the bike.
Everything went smooth and I shall rent from Motor Adventure Bali again.

Thanks for posting. I really like the photos. I can pinpoint the shot of the bike with Gunung Inerie poking up in the background but what about that bay? Not the sunset, the daytime shot? I also ride a KLX150 based in Lombok. Ideal bike for east Indonesia. Anywhere east of Bali is riding paradise. I love Sumbawa too. Can’t wait to get to get back early next year

Sorry for such a late reply, I did not see your post until today.
The bay is north east of Maumere.
-8.523310, 122.064425 - Google maps location of where the photo was taken.
I want to ride Sumbawa soon.

From memory the bike was $19 a day.
I picked it up and returned it in Labuan Bajo town.
Deposit I cannot remember, I have the figure of $400 in my mind but I rented a few bikes this year so that may be elsewhere - but it wasn't large amount and was refunded promptly upon return of the bike.
Everything went smooth and I shall rent from Motor Adventure Bali again.

Thanks Iron Chef

Thanks Iron Chief. I will check it out in a few months. I'll be back in Lombok at the end of March for 4/5 months. If you want any info about Sumbawa - routes, accommodation, eats, beaches etc let me know.

Back
Top Bottom