First Post

midnight

Bikes
PCX
i am not sure if this the correct place to post for asking info on crossings and roads. please move to appropriate forum if needed.

1. needing some info on where to cross with mbike on the chao phraya river in bkk.

i will be on highway 3 sukhumvitt road coming from pattaya to cross over into samut prakan and then heading to amphawa market.

2. leaving mae sot heading north on the 105. is it possible to connect on the 1099? is the road paved? if not what condition would the unpaved part be? i will be on a PCX.

3. a few years back i took a road (don't know the name or number) from pai to wiang haeng. i think is was about 50km ride. awesome ride however the road was the best condition for a honda click and not wanting to do it on a PCX. has this road been paved or improved?

thank you

1. needing some info on where to cross with mbike on the chao phraya river in bkk.

Most bridges over the Chao Phraya are off-limit to motorbikes but apparently bikes do cross over the Bhumibol Bridge 2 although there is a sign of No Motrobike or you can also take the Phrapadaeng ferry just a bit south of the Bhumibol bridge.

2. leaving mae sot heading north on the 105. is it possible to connect on the 1099? is the road paved? if not what condition would the unpaved part be? i will be on a PCX.

It is possible to link with road 1099 at Ban Mae Use on Rd. 105 but on a PCX you may have problems as part of the road is unpaved. There are some steep sections and it might be slippery and muddy at the moment. Maybe other people can chip in with additional information. Alternative is to continue to Mae Sariang, head east on the 108 and at Ban Kiu Lom head south on the 1099

3. a few years back i took a road (don't know the name or number) from pai to wiang haeng. i think is was about 50km ride. awesome ride however the road was the best condition for a honda click and not wanting to do it on a PCX. has this road been paved or improved?

This road is still unpaved.

Most bridges over the Chao Phraya are off-limit to motorbikes but apparently bikes do cross over the Bhumibol Bridge 2 although there is a sign of No Motrobike or you can also take the Phrapadaeng ferry just a bit south of the Bhumibol bridge.

It is possible to link with road 1099 at Ban Mae Use on Rd. 105 but on a PCX you may have problems as part of the road is unpaved. There are some steep sections and it might be slippery and muddy at the moment. Maybe other people can chip in with additional information. Alternative is to continue to Mae Sariang, head east on the 108 and at Ban Kiu Lom head south on the 1099

This road is still unpaved.

thank you for the info. do you happen to have the GPS markings for the phrapadaeng ferry?

Back
Top Bottom