Exhaust Baffles for Cruiser

JayLim

Bikes
HD Nighster 1200
Hi guys,

Anyone here can kindly direct me to where i can find good and cheaper exhaust baffle for my exhaust in Chiangmai?

Im looking for low but loud baffle

Thx

Hi Gnasher, really cool guy you are making effort to attached photos and street direction for me. I know where is this shop and will go check it out this week. Cheers mate

Also, any idea how I can technically improve the sound of my 400cc cruiser pipes to sth more solid. The bike shop i went recently to replace my pipes told me he can do it but ended up paying Thb10,000 changing to 2ins dia stainless steel pipes and still having the same lousy sound i used to have on my older pipes. I guess these buggers just out to rip me for a quick buck...sigh.

ps: you sure got lots of cool bikes

Hi Jaylim, you're welcome, good to start repaying all the help and advice I have got from the bike forums.
As for the noise, on some bikes you can unscrew and remove the baffles, some may be spot welded which might be possible to break.
Failing this a last resort might be to hammer a steel bar down the middleto open them out a bit.
Beware though, one of my Dukes has straight through 'fluted' Contis which sound nice, replicas with holes sound 'orrid. Same happened when the st through racing pipes on the 851 which rely on two stroke type wadding blew it out, sounded awfull, replaced wadding and back to nice deep rumble. Make sure you don't end up with something that just pisses everyone off.
Tim.

Thx Gnasher...I did try removing both the Baffles and ended up sounding way too deafening which may waking up my quiet neighbours whenever i return late from clubbing...lol. . Moreover my bike seems to loose acceleration power when i tested it around my estate. Perhaps drilling bigger holes around the round plate or widening the core may do the trick but let me try out these options as suggested.

I find it difficult to select the correct baffles at the shops becos they wont have it fitted on the pipes for testing...lol

Thx again mate...cheers

Hi Gnasher, I did visit the shop u recommended and the owner attended to me. Ive cuztom ordered 2pcs the baffles for Thb800 . He's very accommodative and offer helpful advice. They seems to have quite a bit if good parts. It will be ready by Wed. Thx mate and have a great wkend.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Maoser General Discussion 9
Maoser General Discussion 0
Back
Top Bottom