Even more tracks in the Mok Faa waterfalls area

MastaMax

Bikes
19 ktm 300tpi 6 days / 15 Yamaha YZ250F / 08 Husky 450SMR / 13 ER6N / 13 KTM 300XCW(sold)
Got my camera back from warranty (new one :)), so it's time for new videos.

Went out with Alex Uk on the tracks in the Mok Faa area yesterday (Friday 28th) and had a blast. Will make a video later, for now here is a short video of a nice slippery section :
[VIDEO]http://vimeo.com/31288308[/VIDEO]

Nice video Max!

-looks like to are LOVING that WR250F .... it's the perfect bike for trail riding here.

KTMphil said:
Max- Email me the GPX file and I'll map it

Ask Alex, he was the guide for the day. I'll write a short report and make a video out of all the footage this coming week at the office :D

Max, have you checked the jetting on that wr? doesnt seem like its going that quickly...??? :?

Stokes70 said:
Max, have you checked the jetting on that wr? doesnt seem like its going that quickly...??? :?

I think it still needs jetting adjustments to the rider... Working on it :RE

Also you should give it a try to let me know how it runs as I have no reference to compare.

haha was only pulling your leg mate! about that trying it out though, now thats something I obviously wont have a problem with... like you though, realistically I wont be trail riding until the end of november....as sadly i am a Knight without a Steed currently. :bash

Stokes70 said:
haha was only pulling your leg mate! about that trying it out though, now thats something I obviously wont have a problem with... like you though, realistically I wont be trail riding until the end of november....as sadly i am a Knight without a Steed currently. :bash

... or a steed witout a ... :boxing

Same for me, less riding until mid-end November, got family visit

There is the video, uploaded at last... lot of stabilization work on the first 4:30 as I put my cam backwards on Alex's goggles it was very shaky and bad angle:

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/z1URu5Kj7bc[/VIDEO]

Like the reward angle..

Also you always put some decent choonage on your vids..

LivinLOS said:
Like the reward angle..

Also you always put some decent choonage on your vids..

Thanks, was my second attempt to attach the camera backwards, takes a large amount of stabilization and reframing work afterwards (10sec video takes about 1.5hours of calculation on a high end computer for the stabilization). As for the music I try to find something motivating but not to aggressive to the ears, glad you like it.
:DD

Me and Thon just finished up a long day in this area. Crazy amount of singletrack - some fast, some tight in dense bamboo and banana trees. Good soil conditions in most places and even some sand.

Had never left the truck roads before but there's tons of good stuff up here. Well worth the 30km tarmac transit to get there.

AlexUSA said:
Me and Thon just finished up a long day in this area. Crazy amount of singletrack - some fast, some tight in dense bamboo and banana trees. Good soil conditions in most places and even some sand.

Had never left the truck roads before but there's tons of good stuff up here. Well worth the 30km tarmac transit to get there.

Alex - do you have the tracks?

Here's the track.

Attachments

• MokFaAreaSunday.rar
    67.8 KB · Views: 341
Just had a look at your tracks Alex USA, looks like you were on some of the good ones we were on too!

Alex USA mok fa dirt.jpg

Alex USA mok fa dirt.jpg

This part (IIRC) was the best when you first come off the main road. Fast singletrack in a thick bamboo tunnel. High traction sandy topsoil. Make sure you have some handguards. Rollercoaster dips and hills throughout.

Highly recommended.

Back
Top Bottom