Eric's UK to Thailand ride

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
Some photo's and story from Eric re his UK to Thailand planned trip.

Nice XT660 he bought in the UK

View attachment 9447

"Found this in Auz 8L fuel bladder, so will give me 31L @ 25km L 775 km
range!!! Or a good days ride"

View attachment 9448

Tool tube

View attachment 9451

"Well all ended in disaster was ready to leave the UK, China banned us from crossing in Xinjiang province, which was going to mean going into Kazakhstan again then Russia then into Mongolia in 12 days and try and get a Mongolian visa on the way, as our 4wd carrying the guide was 4 weeks a head of us so no problem for them. Then also the Pamir's where closed WTF!!!
So decided to fly my bike from Manchester to BKK and ride into china from the bottom and meet my 4wd friends in October.
I read many posts about BKK and the Dragon Lady at the airport, is it possible to clear the bike yourself there, I see and read many people do???
Contacted Fair and Easy, he is just taking the piss!!! He wants over 2200 quid to crate the bike and fly it here.
James Cargo in Manchester using Lufthansa strapped only to a pallet just under 1000 quid??
But using James Cargo I would need to do all the paper work this end myself."

New bike

"Yes going to Laos this week to get a Tourist Visa, will confuse the fuck out of them as I already have a O Visa like you had.
Sold the XT660z was that pissed off! but actually worked out OK, a South African guy bought it and all the spares to ride back to South Africa!! and the Chinese tour company has offered me a full refund, bit sad I could not do the ride but shit happens.
So bought a Crosstourer in the UK, 200 miles and under 10K the SE model, trying to get it as a personal export so get the VAT back as well so about 8000 quid, under 400k Baht
Using James Cargo Manchester to fly Lufthansa strapped to a special pallet??? Nothing to remove only panniers and top box
Wanted 850 to ship 30 days min or 1025 to fly, old FAIR and NOT SO EASY price 138000 baht to fly WTF!!!
Thanks for the Info, I feel I am better doing it alone will be a long day but worth it."

View attachment 9449

View attachment 9450

Back
Top Bottom