Dirt Trails North Of Mae Rim With Simon & Alex

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
Dirt Trails North Of Mae Rim With Simon & Alex

Simon had just put new Ohlin shock absorbers on his BMW 1150 GS and wanted to test the rebound and also if his crank case was venting too much oil, so we took him for a a dirt ride north of Mae Rim.

We did some new trails this time which were excellent, the GPS .gdp file is attached at the end of the post which will work well with Auke's north Thailand offroad & tarmac gps map (best in the world).

simon alex north of mae rim.jpg
Copyright Auke Koopmans

Simon had been couped up working and fixing the bike and hadnt had a good ride for some time. he really enjoyed the trails north of Mae Rim and handled the big BMW 1150gs with ease very impressive, the 340,000km of experience really showed.

P1040364.jpg

A small water crossing

P1040363.jpg

Alex's KLX side stand sank in the mud, bike fell over and the handguard bolt buried itself in the mud luckily we found it
P1040365.jpg

Simon's bike wasnt tracking well & he couldn't figure out why, initially thought it was the new suspension, but then discovered the back wheel had nearly fallen off !!! all 4 bolts were all hanging out!!!

P1040366.JPG

So very lucky to have spotted it and managed to get it all tightened back up
P1040367.JPG

P1040368.JPG

Really great day out dirt riding Alex is a great guy to ride with
P1040370.jpg

Simon had a blast
P1040371.jpg

The GPS .gdb route file is in a zipped format below:

View attachment simon alex mae rim.zip

Hi everyone, this is my first post and I must say I really like this forum.

Judging by the speed you recorded the track, it is not to technical right (or are you guys really really fast)? Wanna try it out with my gf this weekend.

Thanks for the input

Back
Top Bottom