Dirt Ducati

TB-Racing

Bikes
various
Nice one. Pity the Multistrada doesn't have a decent dirt option

Nice one. Pity the Multistrada doesn't have a decent dirt option
Correct, the MTS is not an off-road bike due to tyre sizes and other factors, my statement concerning the MTS off-road capabilities is posted somewhere else here at the RA forum, fire trails, small river crossings and gravel roads are fine to take the MTS but sand and silt / mud (wet) does not go well with the Duc-MTS... tried and can say been there ~ done that and no further needs to take the challenge...

Ducati Shanghai still has a brand-new air-cooled 1100 Evo-SP Hypermotard(Ducati Corse Paint) for sale, well ~ a trimmed down Hyper with Conti TKC80 would be brilliant fun, just don't drop the bike...

ps: Ducati might revive the Scrambler again in 2014 / 2015 as reported by very well known bike mags and websites....

My dirt Ducati

Well, the front wheel is from a Ducati.....

... and here's a dirt Ducati on the trip we did with my "dirt Ducati (front wheel)"

My bitza was ridden by my son a couple of years ago in the Scrapheap Adventure Ride... a charity fundraiser (raised $55,000) - buy and fix up a bike for under $1,000... and the ride that year was to Cameron Corner - the far corner of NSW, Queensland and South Australia - 1,400+km one way from Sydney

^ interesting front end on the Darmah there bigfella....leading link?

I had an early 80`s 900 Darmah at one stage.

Dirt Tracker Ducati as seen last month during the fantastic Red Bull MotoGP Laguna Seca at Ducati Island....

^ i was thinking the same of the "otto valvoli" 851 in the background 555

But in all fairness they were a disappointment until the 888 was released and the Superbike scene hasn`t been the same since.

^ hell yeah!!

The 916 was the one that really started turning heads though.

The Dirt Monster that Ducati didn’t make.... TERRA MOSTRO.... "Dirt Monster"...

Engine
Type L twin cylinder, 2 valve per cylinder Desmodromic, air cooled
Displacement 695 cc
Bore x Stroke 88 x 57.2 mm
Compression Ratio 10.5:1
Power 53.7 kW - 73 HP @ 8500 rpm
Torque 61 Nm - 6,2 Kgm @ 6750 rpm
Fuel injection Marelli electronic fuel injection, 45 mm throttle body
Exhaust 2 into 1US Forest Service Approved Spark Arrestor

Transmission
Gearbox 6-speed
Ratio 1st 32/13, 2nd 30/18, 3rd 28/21, 4th 26/23, 5th 22/22, 6th 24/26
Primary drive Straight cut gears; Ratio 1.85
Final drive Chain
Clutch APTC wet multiplate with hydraulic control

Chassis
Frame Tubular steel trellis frame
Wheelbase 61.5 inches
Rake 26°
Front suspension - conventional cartridge fully adjustable
Front wheel travel - 8.12 inches
Front Wheel - 21 inch
Rear wheel travel - 8.12 inches
Rear wheel - 18 inch
Front brake Brembo 300 mm disc, 2-piston caliper
Rear brakeBrembo 245 mm disc, 2-piston caliper

Fuel tank capacity 14 l (of which 3 l reserve) / 3.6 US gal (of which
0.8 US gal reserve)
Estimated fuel mileage - 50 mpg
Wet weight of 395 lbs.

Wish I could find one.... brilliant beautiful bike....

Attachments

• 2013-Bimota-DBx-03.jpg
    2013-Bimota-DBx-03.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 708
Ducati Multistrada 1200 Toubkal by Holland’s Affett

Tastefully done with metallic red, black, and silver paint, the Toubkal looks like something that could have come from Borgo Panigale, had the Italians dared to build a bike with such flash.....
http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/ducati-multistrada-1200-toubkal-affetto-ducati/

Attachments

• Ducati-Multistrada-1200-TOUBKAL-01.jpg
    Ducati-Multistrada-1200-TOUBKAL-01.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 702
  • Ducati-Multistrada-1200-TOUBKAL-04.jpg
    Ducati-Multistrada-1200-TOUBKAL-04.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 624

Attachments

• 009_Ducati Scrambler Erlkoenig 2015.3290134.jpg.3290160.jpg
    009_Ducati Scrambler Erlkoenig 2015.3290134.jpg.3290160.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 1,833
  • 020_Ducati Scrambler Erlkoenig 2015.jpg.3289956.jpg
    020_Ducati Scrambler Erlkoenig 2015.jpg.3289956.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 893
  • 080_Ducati Scrambler Erlkoenig 2015.jpg.3290064.jpg
    080_Ducati Scrambler Erlkoenig 2015.jpg.3290064.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 1,597
Cast rims and adventure bikes always give me hives. So easy to dent a cast rim even on sealed roads with tarmac tha have pot holes and then the tire bead might not seal, in the middle of nowhere what do you do?

Spot on and correct about cast wheels on DS bikes, one solution is go aftermarket with proper heavy duty spoked wheels like ALPINA http://alpina-uk.com or KINEO http://www.europemotoparts.com/?shop=kineo

Looked into KINEO wheels for my DUC-MTS at one stage but got two sets of forged alloy / magnesium Marchesini instead as standby in case needed due to dented rims (potholes and concrete gaps / steps on bridges over here in Red China) ~ the opposite of heavy duty spoked wheels...

...one day in the future I shall build and own a Ducati Dirtster.......

I like Alpina wheels but the problem is that their model base is fairly limited and they don't really go out of their way to accommodate bikes out of the range.

Behr are also decent wheels but seem to have had some material inconsistency issues lately...

Faba make a range of tubeless wire spoke wheels too
Cheaper than Alpina, ie a set of 17" Alpina wheels ~$2800 vs Faba at ~$1800, US prices.

http://www.fa-ba.com/UserFilesFCK/file/2014/Catalogo Moto/Catalogo Moto 2014_mini.pdf

Thing is, for an adventure bike build, do you want to go to all that expense for (only) 17" rims ?

Thing is, for an adventure bike build, do you want to go to all that expense for (only) 17" rims ?

Talked to Woody at http://www.woodyswheelworks.com and quite a few custom wheel options to get larger wheels like 18/19" and make them fit with a few mods and $$$'s of course.
One day might find a small Monster over here in China that has been crashed and cheaply available for a project bike.
Leaving the MTS as is but still try out the Conti TKC80's one day on the MTS....

Talked to Woody at Welcome to Woodys Wheel Works and quite a few custom wheel options to get larger wheels like 18/19" and make them fit with a few mods and $$$'s of course.
One day might find a small Monster over here in China that has been crashed and cheaply available for a project bike.
Leaving the MTS as is but still try out the Conti TKC80's one day on the MTS....

Would the alloy wire spoked wheels (or just the hubs) off the sport classic be adaptable to the aircooled hyper ?

Would the alloy wire spoked wheels (or just the hubs) off the sport classic be adaptable to the aircooled hyper ?

Hmm... interesting feedback ~ must check my mates yellow Ducati Sport Classic one day with a measuring stick... thanks!

I recently bought a Sport Classic GT1000 for regular streetbike use. They come standard with wire spoke wheels and tubes.
Tubeless seems the way to but I do like retaining the wire spoke look
Instead of expensive Alpina/Faba tubeless spoke wheels, I'm thinking of giving Outex a go
Mixed reviews on Ducati.ms and Advrider, but it seems it works ok with the correct preparation/application.

OUTEX Tubeless kit for spoke rim / Supermoto, DUCATI, BMW, etc. - YouTube

A riding buddie over here got some kit out of Japan as well but only problems, he tried to convert a solo Jialing JH600 to tubeless.

Quite sure "Sir Talkalot" will be around shortly to educate us more and different with all his experience....

Edit: oh sorry I did actually know Faba for their spherical nipple system that allow to adapt their tubeless rims to pretty much any hub...just forgot it was them. Yup, excellent company and all done by CNC machining no cheap stamps. Thnx again for that link.

I'd like to get hold of their (made to order) DID rims and tubeless spoke/nipples, then lace them to the hubs on my GT1000
However, I dont know if they sell them separately, or just the whole wheel. They probably wont lie about the customs value either.....

A riding buddie over here got some kit out of Japan as well but only problems, he tried to convert a solo Jialing JH600 to tubeless.

Quite sure "Sir Talkalot" will be around shortly to educate us more and different with all his experience....

Outex is from Japan so maybe that's what your buddie used.
Some say its junk.
Woodyswheelworks use it, but they add a couple of steps to the preparation.
Costs around $100 so maybe worth a try if other options for tubeless wire spoked wheels are too expensive.

Bikesncats wrote
Faba will sell rims and spokes separately...not sure about customs but I'm sure if you ask nicely one of the shipping guys might just box the stuff in old used boxes and send it personally declaring old parts...worked for several other items for me.
If they will do that for the Ducati sport classic rims/spokes, it could be a deal
I'll give them a call and/or email and see what they say.

Outex is from Japan so maybe that's what your buddie used.
Some say its junk.

He ordered from Ebay and the seller / manufacturer is in Japan, can't remember the company name but he tried and says waste of money and he has custom Woody Wheels on his KTM and BMW GS-ADV back in Texas.
Was just a try out as he is in the progress of building a wrecked HD Sportster into a custom dual-sport bike somehow and knows now he will get special custom wheels again....

Woodyswheelworks use it, but they add a couple of steps to the preparation.
Costs around $100 so maybe worth a try if other options for tubeless wire spoked wheels are too expensive.

One of my riding buddies ordered a set of complete custom wheels incl. alloy hubs, Exel HD rims and some special WW spokes / nipples from Woody Wheels for his BMW-GS ADV and they last and had a look before the tyres were mounted, solid work but of course not cheap as usual....

side-note: the ignore function does work and removes all the verbal diarrhea...

Back
Top Bottom