CRF250L Sump Guard / Skid Plate -Recommendations?

blakegeee

I want to get a sump guard aka skid plate for my CRF250L. A few months ago I looked at the Chiang Mai motocross ones and they were ridiculously huge. They had needlessly large wings out the side. I understand that it needs to protect the water pump too but these stuck out way past that. I was hoping that they may have refined it a bit by now but by looking at their website, it doesn't look like it although maybe it hasn't been updated.

Anyways, can anyone tell me where to find a decent skid plate in Chiang Mai, and if you have pics and/or prices that would be great also! Thanks for any info.

Blake

Go to the Chiang Mai Motocross shop at the north end of Moon Muang Rd (next to us, NE corner of the moat square), he has decent engine skid plates.

Go to the Chiang Mai Motocross shop at the north end of Moon Muang Rd (next to us, NE corner of the moat square), he has decent engine skid plates.

Hehee, does he have new ones different to the ones I looked at and described above?

If you do go down the machine shop route, subject to price & design, count me to buy a second one, as I need to get a bash plate sorted before Feb 24th.
Might help u get the unit cost down.

If you do go down the machine shop route, subject to price & design, count me to buy a second one, as I need to get a bash plate sorted before Feb 24th.
Might help u get the unit cost down.

PM me your phone number Russ in case I go that route. I need to get it sorted this week as well. Dang Gon Pratu seems to be the main shop that handle these things but when I checked about having a rack made there, they wanted about double than any shop. They had the plans there already so its not like they had to start from the drawing board or anything. Hopefully I have better luck with this. I will also check if Piston Shop has anything.

Try mr Gwan at about 18.806137,99.012973

He makes them for about 1500 baht. You`ll probably be best to wait while they make it otherwise they just have too much going on around them and will get side tracked all the time.

Try mr Gwan at about 18.806137,99.012973

He makes them for about 1500 baht. You`ll probably be best to wait while they make it otherwise they just have too much going on around them and will get side tracked all the time.

Too bad I didn't see your post in time... Anyways, yesterday I checked out CM Motorcross and they do have a newer, more refined, less huge-wing-like design now. I had it bolted on for 1800b. Too bad that they are all scratched up already but you don't really see it much down there anyways. I found a place online called Pekky on Huay Keao Rd but couldn't find it in person. Their site was advertising them for 2300b but were coloured, likely powdercoated. If I had of found it, I would have considered the extra money depending on design.

My CRF 250 L was being used by a friend and the engine guard fell off yesterday, will use blue Locktite on the bolts this time.

Didn't get to reply or PM u in time, but I too went to CM MX and bought one of the "new slim design" ones. Got Laem at C&P to fit it for me, and it seemed it was a bit of a struggle, but he got there in the end.
Loctite sounds like a good idea.
Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom