Cool Track along the northern rim of Khao Yai

Nightrider70

Bikes
DRZ400SM
Khao Yai is a mountain and national park about 100km north-east of Bangkok. This is an easy track running along part of it's northern rim. The eastern part was kind of boring but the western part was a trip, little like an Indiana Jones movie. The track extends futher to the west and east than we rode. Where we turned around at the eastern end of the tracklog was a wash-out we could not pass. The Track is dirt all the way. This may have been a major route at one time, today it is more or less hidden by all new develpments built adjacent to the mountain. If/when I get back there I will ride this track from east to west and see how far it goes that way and if there is a way out from there.

cool track.gpx

20120128847.jpg

20120128849.jpg

20120128852.jpg

20120128853.jpg

KhaoYai.jpg

KhaoYaiEarth.jpg

KhaoYaiTer.jpg

Cool, thanks for the tracks. Any photos from this ride? Dirt or asphalt? Tell us more... :)

Thanks!!

Mike

I've been on a very similar looking trail in Nadi district, the south-east part of the park. Generally it's an easy ride, but some parts are more overgrown. There are the same worn out old bridges, I'm guessing this was once a track circling most of the park. These days they try not to encourage their use, probably to prevent poaching. It's amazing how quickly they'll become overgrown.

Have you been there recently?

I was thinking of taking a ride from BKK one day this week and checking out some easy tracks in Khao Yai...

Would that be a stupid idea due to the rain? I'm itching to get out of BKK for the day.

If you're looking for dirt tracks, there aren't a great deal around the park. You might be better to head out towards Ratchaburi or Kanchanaburi.

Back
Top Bottom