Compact camera choices for motorbike touring

There is a lot of interest so only the Kickstarter Happy Deal for $849 is still available....

Got myself a SONY RX100 (MK4) early 2016, great performing brilliant camera, not very fond on anything bigger as prefer just carrying cameras along in a jacket pocket or around the neck under jacket for easy photo shooting.
Our son got a SONY A6300 with some special additional Sony lenses recently, absolute great stunning camera but just to bulky for my personal preference....

Got myself a SONY RX100 (MK4) early 2016, great performing brilliant camera, not very fond on anything bigger as prefer just carrying cameras along in a jacket pocket or around the neck under jacket for easy photo shooting.
Our son got a SONY A6300 with some special additional Sony lenses recently, absolute great stunning camera but just to bulky for my personal preference....

I agree with you on the Sony RX 100, amazing small camera.

Road trips, the full frame Sony A7 will fit in a Klim jacket pocket with the short 35mm f.28 lens (ziplock water proof bag ready). Photo's have a slight bit too much orange tint for my liking but overall excellent setup.

A7 by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

The Rokinon 85mm f1.4 lens arrived, USD $ 290, cheap as chips if you can handle the manual focus (easy with the focus flare) and manual aperture.

Its a bulky setup, no ideal for motorcycle touring

Rik by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

First shot f1.4

_DSC1234 by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

Will make a great market portrait lens

_DSC1237 by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

Great cheap remote:

Just got the Canon G5x
Not to big or heavy , strong build , great viewfinder all the right funktions for me .

Need to give it a proper test in the near future.

Just got the Canon G5x
Not to big or heavy , strong build , great viewfinder all the right funktions for me .

Need to give it a proper test in the near future.

Looks like a decent rival for the Panasonic Lumix LX100

Z-CANON-GX5-FRONTRIGHT-FLASH.JPG

That flip out screen is really useful for motorcycle touring

HR_G5X_BLACK_3QOPEN_CL.jpeg

Photo's have a slight bit too much orange tint for my liking...

I noticed that. Photos are very warm with a orange colour cast.

I picked up a Lumix GX80/85 a few months ago and am pleased with it. It's small and light weight. Getting rave reviews although lack of a audio jack doesn't make it a viable option for vloggers.

image.jpg

No Rain today
did a few testshots with the G5x

Just a little Sun
IMG_0095_zpspk1870xq.jpg

Good details in the shadows under the Roof
IMG_0081_zpsvagefvky.jpg

IMG_0079_zpsa5ukx3ss.jpg

7 PM just tungsten
IMG_0078_zps7g2zwaxr.jpg

Phil , looks like the hoster (Flickr) don't reduse the quality at all .
Is it free or do you pay for it .

After 2 bad experiences with malfunctions due to rainwater in camera and mobile phone I choose a waterprooved model with GPS and Wifi:
Panasonic Lumix FT5
So far I am very happy with it.

panasonic-lumix-dmc-ft5.jpg

After 2 bad experiences with malfunctions due to rainwater in camera and mobile phone I choose a waterprooved model with GPS and Wifi:
Panasonic Lumix FT5
So far I am very happy with it.

panasonic-lumix-dmc-ft5.jpg

If you look through my reports, all my photos are taken with one of these or the older reports with the FT3
It has handy editing & filter/effects in the camera too if you're that inclined to use them.
Mine has fallen off my bike at 40kph, bounced & still worked perfectly.
I've also taken it swimming multiple times.
For a rugged point & shoot, great value.

Looks like there is little to choose between the Olympus TG-870, Lumix FT5 or 6 and the Ricoh WG4 other than price.

Which camera did you buy Bob?

I did order a Samyang 14mm F2.8 for the Sony A7 and am considering the same lens that Phil has, the 85mm 1.4.

Sony A6500

A lot of smart camera people I know are going this with camera now (I don't understand why?). Not sure of its advantage over the A7. Also for motorcycle touring nice to have all the mechanical controls on the A7 rather than some screen menu.

Body is USD$ 1,400

• 24.2MP APS-C Exmor sensor w/ advanced processing up to ISO 51.200
  • Wide 425 phase detection AF points, Fast 0.05 sec. AF acquisition
  • 5-axis in-body image stabilization steadies every lens
  • 11fps continuous shooting to 269 frames at 24.2MP w/ AE/AF tracking
  • 4K movie w/ 2.4x oversampling4, full pixel readout, no pixel binning

Sony interchangeable lenses will fit and i think with adapter all other brand lenses will too.

sony by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

Good article here about this camera body and lens choices

The First Sony E-Mount Lenses You Should Buy

Lens options:

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4063667

Quick specs

Body typeRangefinder-style mirrorless
Max resolution6000 x 4000
Effective pixels24 megapixels
Sensor sizeAPS-C (23.5 x 15.6 mm)
Sensor typeCMOS
ISOAuto, 100-25600 (expandable to 51200)
Lens mountSony E
Focal length mult.1.5×
Articulated LCDTilting
Screen size3″
Screen dots921,600
Max shutter speed1/4000 sec
FormatMPEG-4, AVCHD, XAVC S
Storage typesSD/SDHC/SDXC + Memory Stick Pro Duo
USBUSB 2.0 (480 Mbit/sec)

793A2790-acr_1.jpeg

Sony announces Alpha 6500

Sony has announced the a6500, its top of the line APS-C E-mount mirrorless camera. It may look a lot like the a6300 but it's a higher spec (and more expensive) sister model.
And, given the a6300 is already one of the most capable cameras in its class, the prospect of a still-more capable model above - roughly parallel with Nikon's D500 and Canon's EOS 7D Mark II - is an exciting prospect.
It's based around the same copper-wired 24MP CMOS sensor as the a6300 but it adds several key features: most notably in-body image stabilization, touchscreen control, and a faster processor that makes the camera considerably more usable for fast-paced shooting.

The a6500 still features the same 425 on-sensor phase detection elements as the a6300 and still shoots at the same 11 frames per second maximum burst rate (8 fps with Live View), but a deeper buffer and additional processor allow it to shoot 300 standard JPEG frames in a burst (or 100 frames when shooting Raw + JPEG). That amounts to 27 seconds of continuous shooting (or 9s for Raw + JPEG).
The buffer and additional processing power also allow faster image review, which should avoid the frustrating 'camera busy' warnings that previous Sonys have been prone to give. In fact, you can immediately enter image review after an image or burst is taken andinstantaneously check focus at 100%, albeit not always on the last shot if the buffer is still clearing. Speaking of the buffer clearing, a handy indicator at the top left of the LCD tells you exactly how many images remain to be written to your card after a burst.
The camera's shutter mechanism has been updated and has now been tested to (though not necessarily guaranteed to) 200,000 cycles. Maximum shutter speed remains 1/4000th of a second but an electronic shutter option allows the camera to shoot above this limit (though with added risk of rolling shutter).

The a6500 manages to squeeze a five-axis image stabilization system in without changing the overall size relative to the a6300. The system is rated as offering 5 stops of improvement when tested to CIPA standards using a 55mm lens. This capability significantly enhances the camera's appeal, both for stills and video shooting.
This system recognizes the presence of Sony lenses with OSS stabilization and passes responsibility for correcting pitch and yaw to the lens. Sony does not claim any additionaleffectiveness for this approach but we'd expect it to help maintain that 5-stop figure when using longer lenses, since lens correction is able to correct for a greater degree of movement than sensor shift stabilization alone can at longer focal lengths.
Another feature that'll help with those longer lenses? A beefier, more recessed grip, reshaped to bring the camera more in-line with alpha 7 cameras. Additionally, a screw-incamera body case adds some extra heft to the grip, and some extra height to the camera, making it easier to wrap all your fingers around the grip without your pinky running off the bottom of the camera.

In summary

The a6500 is a very well specced camera: 5-axis stabilization, 11 fps shooting with AF, an impressive buffer with far more responsive image review, 4K UHD video capture with S-Log options, a comprehensive AF tracking system, weather-sealed body...
There are still a few things missing, though. Although the camera includes two command dials (one on the shoulder, one on the rear face of the camera), it has the same drawbacks as the a6300: both need to be controlled with the thumb. Worse still, it's likely that you'll have to shift your grip on the camera to reach from one to the other. A front dial would've gone a long way.
Still, the addition of a touchscreen and an even greater level of customization over the controls should give quick access to most of the features you need to change in-the-moment.
There's a price to be paid for these additional capabilities, though. The a6500 will sell for around $1400 or €1700 in Europe. As always, bear in mind the European price is likely to include VAT whereas the US price is usually quoted without sales tax. This makes it 40% more expensive than the a6300's list price and over twice the launch price of the more modest a6000.
So, while the technologies and capabilities of these three models are very different, the similarities of design and nomenclature risk causing customer confusion. It's a pretty solid looking lineup, though.
This is Sony's first truly top-end APS-C camera since the NEX-7, back in 2011, even if the a6500 doesn't appear to offer anything to match that model's 'Tri-Navi' triple dial interface. That said, the touchscreen should significantly improve the ergonomics, and the idea of a stabilized APS-C alpha with a turbo-boosted version of the a6300's feature set is exciting.

Cr: Hands-on and in-depth with the Sony a6500

Yi M1

Gets great reviews as a compact camera and is a huge Leica copy.

yi-m1-1.jpg

USD$ 500 with one lens & USD$ 700 with two lenses

[FONT=&quot]Yi Technologies created a stir when it dove into the action cam market with an inexpensive but good competitor to GoPro, the Yi 4K. Now it's trying the same thing in cameras with the Yi M1, a Micro Four Thirds standard mirrorless interchangeable-lens model. It's not the first time we've seen a manufacturer trying to break in to that segment; Polaroid gave it a shot in 2013 and Kodak/JK Imaging followed in 2014. But those models felt cheap and plasticky. The M1 looks a bit like a Leica.
I only have basic specs and the company says the ship date is TBD, so it's quite possible it may never arrive. We've seen that before. It uses the Sony 20-megapixel IMX269 sensor that we've seen in models from Olympus and Panasonic, will have a 3-inch touchscreen LCD, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity. There will be two matching lenses, a 12-40mm F3.5-5.6 (24-80mm equivalent) and a 42.5mm F1.8 (85mm equivalent).
Yi plans two kits: one for $500 with one of the lenses and a $700 kit with both lenses. The pricing is certainly aggressive. (I don't know how much it will be elsewhere than the US, but those prices convert approximately to £383/£536 and AU$660/AU$930).

Cr: https://www.cnet.com/products/yi-m1/preview/[/FONT]

Hasselblad True Zoom

Personally dont see how this camera will take off even with Hasselbad's name behind it. Its basically an attachable phone camera Zoom lens that has a decent zoom. Hasselblad True Zoom, an attachable camera with a big 10x zoom lens but a small 12-megapixel 1/2.3-inch sensor, which can work only with the Motorola Moto Z phones - so geared to the U.S market.

Around USD$ 250

Hasselblad-True-Zoom-Lens-Extended-700x700.jpg

The attempts to design a practical solution to upgrade a phone camera's options -- whether it's better photo quality or a zoom lens or both -- have been unsuccessfully ongoing since 2013 when Samsung tried to integrate a zoom lens on its Galaxy S4 ("the camera-shaped Zoom is incredibly awkward and uncomfortable to use as a phone.") and Sony first rolled out its QX series of cumbersome lens-shaped zoom cameras that connect via Wi-Fi.
The more recent DxO One camera, which plugs into the Lightning connector of an iPhone or i Pad, is probably the most successful option to date; it adds better photo quality with its 1-inch sensor, but no zoom, and is limited to iDevices. Now there's the Hasselblad True Zoom, an attachable camera with a big 10x zoom lens but a small 12-megapixel 1/2.3-inch sensor, which can work only with the Motorola Moto Z phones. That's because it takes advantage of the Moto Z's elegant Moto Modsadd-on architecture.
For the most part, the True Zoom succeeds at delivering optical zoom into the hands of phone photographers and is a great first effort. And I can't stress enough how convenient a zoom lens is. But I can't help thinking that a larger sensor with half the zoom might have been a more attractive option.

Though some might consider $250 (that's the Verizon price) a lot for what's essentially a basic compact camera that snaps to the back of your phone, I think the price is pretty reasonable -- especially compared to the $500 (£400) DxO model. I don't have other pricing yet for the True Zoom, but that $250 converts to about £191 and AU$335. Through motorola.com it will cost $300 (that's about £228 and AU$400). It will be available starting September 15.

How it works

It's dead easy to add and remove: Moto Mods attach to the phone via magnets, and in this case the phone's stock camera app switches to a version designed for use with the camera mod. Snap it on and you're ready to go.

Looking to get a new camera for the motorcycle pocket?

The best bang for the buck right now is the first generation Sony RX100. It might be a little old but reduced now to USD$ 398, amazing value for money for the image quality.

Buy on Amazon here:

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-DSC-RX1...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00889ST2G

rx100 by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr
\

Color: Black

• 20.2 MP, Exmor CMOS Sensor, 8-100mm equivalent F/1.8-4.9 lens, ISO 125-6400 Expandable ISO 80, 100, and 25,600, 3-Inch LCD screen with 1.2M dots
  • 1080p video, Steady-Shot image stabilization,Rear control dial and customizable front control ring
  • Burst Mode (shots)-Approx.10 fps,(VGA) Moving Image Size -640x480 30fps Approx.3Mbps
  • Bright F1.8 Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T lens with 3.6x zoom, Full HD 1080/60p video with manual control and dual record, ,Ultra-slim, sophisticated aluminum body
  • Dimension: 101.6 mm x 58.1 mm x 35.9 mm, Weight: 213g (7.5 oz)

Mine is an Olympus XZ-1 with a ZUIKO!!! 6-24mm lens. Added a separate VF2 view finder, a Lensmate 52mm filter adapter and a Richard Franiec's custom Grip.
This camera developed an electric failure, is now at Olympus repair center in Bangkok to see if it is feasible to repair. Seems the CCD unit is bust and repair is 4.000 baht.....

If someone is considering selling a used Sony Nex, α5xxx or 6xxx (any E-Mount) I would be interested.

I almost bought an Olympus TG-4 16 MP Waterproof/Shockproof Digital Camera last year but instead bought the then newly released LUMIX GX85. I saw the camera was going cheap on Amazon so picked one up in the UK last month.

What I like about this camera is it's toughness, no protruding front lens and, with the case accessory that I also purchased, being able to leave it fixed onto your backpack/hydration pack strap for one-handed access when you're riding to snap off shots that you would have to usually stop for or miss altogether.

IMG_2281.jpg

New Sony A9 with 20 frames per second. Pricey USD$ 4,300

Sony-A9-700x585.png

Sony A9 - Finally announced and Features Newly developed 24MP stacked CMOS sensor, 693 Phase AF point and 20FPS Blackout-Free Burst. The camera also features 5-axis in-body image stabilization with a 5.0 step shutter speed advantage.

[FONT=&quot]SONY MAY NOT have the brand recognition of Canon or Nikon among old-school camera heads, but the company has been putting out impressive high-end shooters for a few years now. The Japanese giant makes some of the best compact cameras on the market (like the RX100 and RX1), and the company's mirrorless Alpha a7S II is generally considered to be the best low-light camera under $5,000, even better than leading DSLRs.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Alpha a9, Sony's latest entry into its mirrorless lineup, is even more beastly than its siblings. The flagship feature is its 24.2-megapixel, 35-millimeter full-frame CMOS sensor. It's also insanely fast: it can calculate autofocus and autoexposure 60 times per second and capture 20 frames per second in continuous shooting mode.
A mirrorless shutter keeps things silent and vibration free, and gives the a9 a shutter speed of up to 1/32000 per second. It shoots 4K or 1080p video at 120 frames per second, all the while doing so with five-axis in-body image stabilization. So even if you have shaky hand, this thing has got you covered. It also boasts an ISO sensitivity up to 204,800. That's way more than the average person needs for vacation shots, but it's a huge perk for filmmakers working in low light.
The compact and sleek magnesium alloy body is seal-coated for dust resistance. That body also has dual SD card slots and built-in wireless LAN, and it's capped with an LCD viewfinder with touch focus.
This new Alpha will cost you a pretty penny—the body alone is $4,500—but for anyone who needs to capture high-speed action with precision, it looks like it will be worth it. We'll know the full story once the camera ships at the end of May, but based on the wow-factor alone it is (forgive me) a9 out of 10.

Sony's New Mirrorless Camera Is Its Most Beastly Shooter Yet[/FONT]

This camera developed an electric failure, is now at Olympus repair center in Bangkok to see if it is feasible to repair. Seems the CCD unit is bust and repair is 4.000 baht.....
It cannot be repaired, the CCD unit is not available.
Olympus is offering me a 25% discount on a new camera......

Fewer and fewer motorcyclists seem willing to lug around all of their bulky DSLR camera gear these days, with compact camera technology becoming more advanced.

The current trend seems to be for 4/3rds, small camera's with interchangeable lenses. These camera's make you think you need to bring several lenses, when the majority of time you will be using only one lens, or cant be bothered to fiddle around and change lenses.

Here comes the Lieca X2. 16 MP with one fixed lens. When this was launched in 2012 it retailed for around US$2,000. You can now pick them up used for USD$600 - USD$ 1,000.

https://www.dpreview.com/products/leica/compacts/leica_x2

61FHkUtlUHL._SL1200_.jpg

images

Superb quality build, a real work of art. If you want a robust, small camera with a good lens, this is hard to argue with. No zoom but can crop and move around to get the composition right, its gorgeous.

A few of the first photo's with mine below:

Tried to capture some intricacies around Chiang Mai

34889935884_9f776b67a7_h.jpg
[/URL]L1012415_edited by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr[/IMG]

35600011611_28cd2126a3_h.jpg
[/URL]L1012401_edited by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr[/IMG]

34889885804_a7cc68a1f6_h.jpg
[/URL]L1012426_edited by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr[/IMG]

34889952344_295db45e93_h.jpg
[/URL]L1012409_edited by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr[/IMG]

Checking close up shots

35599968761_407fabca38_h.jpg
[/URL]L1012418_edited by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr[/IMG]

35562118192_2697ac4507_h.jpg
[/URL]L1012422_edited by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr[/IMG]

34889927284_3e9834edd6_h.jpg
[/URL]L1012417_edited by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr[/IMG]

35731239725_f254c8edbd_h.jpg
[/URL]L1012416_edited by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr[/IMG]

35691369846_2e29dcd8ba_h.jpg
[/URL]L1012412_edited by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr[/IMG]

35599922401_ce0b928cf2_h.jpg
[/URL]L1012430_edited by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr[/IMG]

35600000981_3dd84ac098_h.jpg
[/URL]L1012405_edited by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr[/IMG]

35600003121_0e167bf2ee_h.jpg
[/URL]L1012404_edited by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr[/IMG]

35562125262_cb1ae710a1_h.jpg
[/URL]L1012420_edited by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr[/IMG]

34921747503_1f85823ec2_h.jpg
[/URL]L1012403_edited by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr[/IMG]

34921654263_f78e1bb0d4_h.jpg
[/URL]L1012427_edited by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr[/IMG]

35731176095_042a17c227_h.jpg
[/URL]L1012431_edited by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr[/IMG]

35343951370_9054680bba_h.jpg
[/URL]L1012410_edited by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr[/IMG]

34889952344_295db45e93_h.jpg
[/URL]L1012409_edited by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr[/IMG]

35600006551_2760885e47_h.jpg
[/URL]L1012402_edited by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr[/IMG]

35731266635_88474d6f9e_h.jpg
[/URL]L1012407_edited by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr[/IMG]

35599996391_6c94b20f03_h.jpg
[/URL]L1012408_edited by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr[/IMG]

6 camera's that are still better than your phone camera

[h=3]Fujifilm X-A10[/h]

The cool-looking Fujifilm X-A10 is crammed with enough options to delight anyone who likes to get creative with filters and settings.
Standout features on this mirrorless digital include multiple exposures, the ability to shoot huge RAW images, and selective color that makes one shade pop out in a black-and-white photo.

Verdict: It might intimidate an absolute beginner, but it's a winner for gadget freaks who enjoy experimenting with features and options.
Specs: 16.3 megapixels, 3-inch tilting LCD monitor, full HD 1080p video recording, built-in Wi-Fi, extended ISO 25600, up to 6 fps shooting, eye detection AF and portrait enhancer, XC 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OIS II lens
Approximate price (2017): $500

[h=3]Nikon COOLPIX W300[/h]

A great, lightweight all-rounder, the Nikon COOLPIX W300 is waterproof, so can even go scuba diving to 30 meters without extra protection. Its clever dustproof lens is ideal for the beach, and if the kids run off with it, its shockproof build can survive a 2.4-meter drop.

Verdict: Versatile all-rounder for adventurers who embrace extremes and eschew the manual.
Specs: 16 megapixels, NIKKOR 5x optical zoom lens, 24-120mm (35mm equivalent), 3-inch LCD monitor, waterproof to 100 feet, shockproof to 7.9 feet, 4K/30p video recording, SnapBridge Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, GPS, ISO 6400, shooting up to 7 fps, built-in LED light, smart portrait mode, glamour retouch
Approximate price (2017): $385

[h=3]Lomo LC-A+[/h]

Craving a weekend away from social media or the delayed gratification of old-fashioned film photography?
What the LC-A+ lacks in megapixels, optical zoom or in-camera editing, it delivers with creativity and a true screenless, digital detox.

Verdict: It takes a bit of practice, but the LC-A+ can give surprising and unexpected results, which, these days in our self-curated world of social media, can be a refreshing vacation in itself.
Specs: 35mm film camera, Minitar 1 32mm f/2.8 lens, direct optical viewfinder, hot shoe for mounting flashes, multiple exposure images, ISO settings of 100-1600
Approximate price (2017): $280-$340

[h=3]Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX90V[/h]

The Sony brand isn't widely used by professionals and I admit I judged this camera before trying it, which was a mistake. The understated, 18-megapixel Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX90 is easy to use and takes surprisingly sharp photos.

Verdict: An understated lightweight workhorse that is sharp, reliable, and can automatically do the job for you.
Specs: 18.2 megapixels, BIONZ X image processor, Zeiss Vario-Sonnar 30x optical zoom lens, 24-720mm (35mm equivalent), 638k-Dot OLED electronic viewfinder, 3-inch LCD, full HD 1080/60p AVCHD/XAVC S video, built-in Wi-Fi and GPS, Optical SteadyShot image stabilization
Approximate price (2017): $450

[h=3]Canon PowerShot SX730HS[/h]

Ive used Canon professional gear for decades so picking up the Canon PowerShot SX730HS was like meeting an old friend. My experience aside, the menus and settings for this nifty compact would be a breeze to navigate for the amateur.
The 40x optical zoom lens -- equivalent to a 24-960mm -- has a vast range to cover everything from wide vistas to close-ups of birds flying high in the sky. When pushed to its limit in telephoto or macro, the resulting images are much sharper and clearer than expected.

Verdict: A reliable 20-megapixel compact that's easy to use in a wide range of situations, has full HD video capabilities and takes high-quality photos in manual or automatic modes. It's not for a night owl, but it'll fit nicely in your backpack.
Specs: 20.3 megapixels, DIGIC 6 image processor, 40x zoom lens, 24-960mm (35mm equivalent), 3-inch 180-degree tilting LCD, full HD 1080p video recording at 60 fps, Intelligent Image Stabilization, built-in Wi-Fi with NFC and Bluetooth, ISO 3200, up to 5.9 fps shooting, zoom framing assist, story highlights and self-portrait mode
Approximate price (2017): $400

[h=3]Fujifilm FinePix XP120[/h]

The 16-megapixel Fujifilm FinePix XP120 point-and-shoot is a great low-cost camera for family vacations.
It's designed to be rugged, waterproof to 20 meters, and shockproof when dropped up to 1.75 meters. It's colorful and easy to operate -- I gave it to an eight-year-old who easily navigated the various menus and settings.
The 5x optical zoom is easy to use but not as sharp as some compact cameras, but it's good enough considering this camera retails at almost a third of the price.

Verdict: A rugged low-cost camera that the whole family can use easily, and which produces cool images for posting to social media.
Specs: 16.4 megapixels, Fujinon 5x optical zoom lens, 28-140mm (35mm equivalent), water-, shock-, freeze- and dustproof, Full HD 1080p video recording at 60 fps, 3-inch LCD monitor, built-in Wi-Fi connectivity, 10 fps continuous shooting, cinemagraph mode and interval shooting
Approximate price (2017): $200

Credit: 9 of the best travel cameras

Just treated myself to this, it was recommended as the second best camera between £150-£200, but it has higher MP and a better optical zoom then the winner which was a Sony.
My current Canon which has taken over 30.000 photos needs overhauling and its not worth it, my current one has 12 times optical zoom and 14.1MP, this one has 25 times optical zoom, and 20.2 MP.
It also offers faster operation and better low-light performance, the icing on the cake was getting it for £135 from another website, it should arrive sometime next week
ACANOCM095285487.jpg
https://www.jessops.com/p/canon/pow...MI247Pt8612gIVbr7tCh0CTQZ8EAQYAiABEgJi6fD_BwE

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
KTMphil Bike Talk 0
Back
Top Bottom