China > Cambodia

traveller

Bikes
Multistrada 1000ds/Jetmax 250 CF Moto
Hi everybody, this is my first post on this forum ...I'm leaving soon China for Cambodia where I'm going to live. I'm selling my Ducati Multistrada as she isn't completely legal :topes.But I have a scooter as well , completely legal him and I was thinking to take it with me in Cambodia. Do you think is possible legaly ? I don't want to spend to much time for this . The idea could be to start from Xichuangbana (China) cross to Laos then Thailand > Cambodia or directly Cambodia. This scooter is a 250cc GT model , so bitume road only ... Any suggestions about the possibility the realize this trip ? Many thanks

when I say not too long ...I mean process to get the official Cambodian paper (the transfer time). I imagine that if I pass by the boarder myself I will have a few days permission ...30 days? I have no idea about that ...

I don't know about Cambodia but in Thailand and Laos you would have great and expensive difficulties to make the scooter legal in the country. In Thailand you will have to pay import duties (expensive) and probably have the bike tested for emissions standards (time consuming and probably also expensive). In addition your probably will have problems getting spare parts in Cambodia for the scooter as the Jetmax seems to be a Chinese designed and built scooter. In my opinion it is probably better to sell the scooter in China and buy a new bike in Cambodia.

I'm selling my Ducati Multistrada as she isn't completely legal. Any suggestions about the possibility the realize this trip ? Many thanks

Ride the MTS over to Cambo, getting out is not the problem but getting back into the lovely motherland is usually the challenge.
What type of air-cooled MTS (year, condition, service status) exactly do you own and plan to sell as I can not stop thinking about a full on Dirt Ducati custom bike....

It's a 1000ds red , year 2007, 32000kms, tyres are new, last inspection have been done at 28000 (oil, fourch oil, filters, etc...) Soon it will be the timing belt and brakes to do. (available at Ducati Shanghai) . Interested ? I sell it for 35000rmb.

Back
Top Bottom