Chiangrai Circuit Raceway Circuit under construction

Probably fit in well with this new Duke 200 race series..

The FB feed has them chucking some big stuff at it.. Aprilia RSV4 etc..

Still good its coming, more motorsport always breeds more services.. Just a shame its not larger or selfishly nearer me !!

A quick bodge together of pics I took...

1.jpg

2.jpg

Thanks CRS - will show them to my new 76 year old Dutch buddy who is raring to go and try out the circuit on his bike prepped here in Chiangmai

Some pictures of the 76 year old Dutch guy on his 150/230 cc doing a lap on the circuit

On his way to Chiangrai he popped into the circuit to have a look and after talking to the brother of the owner he was allowed to test the circuit complete with his luggage.
SANY0274.JPG

Coming out of the pit lane
SANY0276.JPG

On his way to the first major curve
SANY0275.JPG

He mentioned that there was quite a bit of sand and small stones on the track at the moment and that there were a few difficult spots but he looks forward to October so he can participate in the races

Itching to see an on-board lap.. that will give a much better idea of size and speed etc..

Seriously thinking of making my ktm a track bike or maybe a motocross conversion from something local..

^Just bob up and take a look...

I'd suggest doing that before you plan alot.

Apparently, although it's not finished yet, you can go give it try now... For 500b.

556703_554342331269153_1419446421_n.jpg

If they could stretch it to twice the size, I'd be excited.

If anything it`s a nice smooth,grippy,dedicated,race track that hopefully guys will use to get the racer bug out of their system instead of the public roads here in the north.

I know when i was racing i was a much more sedate road user as i had the chance on the track to wring the neck of my bike where everyone was going the same way,no dogs or cars trying to take you out,good runoff and an ambulance waiting nearby if needed.

[video=youtube_share;2p-lly1m56M]http://youtu.be/2p-lly1m56M[/video]

This photo angle gives you a good idea of size - can't find a clean pic from same angle:

1148898_562153240488062_177144817_n.jpg

I'd like to see someone go round it sumo style...

If anyone is going to bring a sumo to the track, let me know so I can come watch.

I know someone in CR who's done sumo racing. I'd like to see them on there to get an idea of what it's like - but got no bike.

Yeh. Dtracker. That's on the straight though, by the looks of it, so he's probably just messing about rather than actually cornering like that... Not saying the guy can't - but would like to see someone going round who can.

From visiting and watching these vids, unfortunately this track does nothing for me... Maybe watching sumo riders going round might get me interested.

EDIT: Ah - the 2nd pic - yeh, would have checked that if I'd have know about it. Will go down at a weekend soon just to have a watch. Might get lucky and catch some sumo.

[video=youtube_share;2p-lly1m56M]http://youtu.be/2p-lly1m56M[/video]

Certainly confirms it`s a great go kart track suitable for one of these me thinks :hmm

ROK Vortex 125 TAG,water cooled...seems there`s a few 2 stroke karts for sale in CM and would be tempted if the track were a bit closer.

Attachments

• For Sale.jpg
    For Sale.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 236
Yep, karts was the 1st thing in my head when I saw the track. Will have to try find out what the owner / manager thinks about karts - but I have a feeling he just sees it as a race bike track. How much are the karts? Got a link? One thing - karts are frikin dangerous!

The one in the pic was asking 85k baht...the CRG behind it is a 4 stroke.

See if i can get some more info about the others and post something when it comes up.

Managed to stop by and have a chat to Jeravut on the way back from China.

10281066016_15d6d1f0f1_b.jpg

The 1.2km Chiang Rai track lap record is now 48 seconds, set by a 1,000cc Kawasaki sports bike, I was unable to ascertain which year/ model. Interestingly the fastest car lap time has been 55 seconds set by a 3-door Honda Civic.

10280969914_e89889bc9c_b.jpg

Jeravut informed me that they are running a 2-day race clinic every month, cost is 3,000 Bht, he will notify me when the next clinic has been organized

10281267683_c5c1a599d7_b.jpg

Had a look around the track and although its a nice smooth,grippy surface,a little narrow, tight and twisty its not particularly safe.

A couple of drainage ditches right next to the track that have the potential to harm...
The first on the inside but from my experience bikes can and do head in all sorts of directions in the heat of battle.

SL374550 (Large).jpg

The second one on the outside of one of the quicker turns and has a few skid marks were someone has just missed it to the right...

SL374551 (Large).jpg

SL374554 (Large).jpg

However there's still plenty of work going on there ATM and with all things Thai..."mai bpen lai".

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Lone Rider Events & Upcoming Rides 0
Back
Top Bottom