Chiang Mai Trial championship 2012

Good to know there is an organised trials event coming up. I don't think there have been any actual competitiive events in this area in the time I have been here and that is about thirteen years. It always seemed a perfect place to have a trials series, at least at a local level and maybe a few national level ones as well. Is this coming event in Lamphun a one off, or part of a series? If so, what round would this be? If there is going to be more of them, I would really like to know so I can go and watch or maybe even compete, if it doesn't look too frightening and looks like it could be good fun.

jon said:
Good to know there is an organised trials event coming up. I don't think there have been any actual competitiive events in this area in the time I have been here and that is about thirteen years. It always seemed a perfect place to have a trials series, at least at a local level and maybe a few national level ones as well. Is this coming event in Lamphun a one off, or part of a series? If so, what round would this be? If there is going to be more of them, I would really like to know so I can go and watch or maybe even compete, if it doesn't look too frightening and looks like it could be good fun.

hello jon , there is 4 trials comps every year and as far as i no its been going on for about 10 years , this is my 3rd trial since I moved to chiang mai , I won the C class in january and now Ive been moved to B for the next event , you can check out the website for all the trial clubs in chiang mai ,www.trialsclub.cmxseed.com , think there is about 20 riders for the sunday trial ,

Thanks for the reply, Paul. I didn't realise there had been any competition here for the last ten years, so that is good news. Good luck in the B class. Do the Grade C boys have to ride the same sections as the A's and B's?

jon said:
Thanks for the reply, Paul. I didn't realise there had been any competition here for the last ten years, so that is good news. Good luck in the B class. Do the Grade C boys have to ride the same sections as the A's and B's?

yes there all same sections but you just follow different arrows for different class ,if that makes sense , do you ride trials ?

Yes, I did ride some trials, but a long time ago. I rode in Northern Ireland for about seven seasons off and on and only in grade C. The last bike I rode in trials was a 240 Fantic twinshock. But I am still interested in the sport, if only for trying to get to some level of fitness in my old age and to just enjoy it. I have had a 1995 Beta Techno here in Chiangmai for the last eighteen months and it is in surprisingly good order and a lot better than I will ever be. Anyway, good luck tomorrow.

4th in the B's sounds good to me, especially as it was your first run in that grade. Any idea where the next one might be?

Back
Top Bottom