Chiang Mai bike rental

W

wuming

It looks like I will be back in Chiang Mai in early February; without my own bike this time. Can anyone recommend a reliable renter? What sort of price per day am I looking at for a 250cc? Thanks.

Joe's Bike Team & C & P have the best rental bikes in Chiang Mai Neil. Both places are owned by decent mechanics that spot things on the bikes that other rental shop's wont and their experience keeps the bikes in good order compared to others. Check the tires when you rent the bikes make sure there's plenty of tread, maybe go there the day before and check the bike if you can, this will give them time to change the tires if necessary. Also take a digital photo of any damages on the bike before you go, especially plastics, try and take the photo's when they are watching

Hey Richard. How's it going? Well it has just stopped raining here in London for the first time in a week, and the top temperature is 4 degrees (and I have to work outside!); so itching to get back (reading your blog doesn't help the itchy feet!).
Cheers.

Another question: I will be in Chiang Mai around the beginning of March now (instead of Feb., but the ticket is booked!) and will have about 5 or 6 days (have to spend a week in Bangkok for work first). Trying to decide what to do with my limited time. So, if you only had time to do one of the Mae Hong Son or Nan loops; which would you do? Would doing both be too rushed? Maybe do one loop over 3 or 4 days and then a day ride out from Chiang Mai somewhere? Opinions?
Cheers.

Neil - I would head for Nan.

-Better roads, better riding & less tourist traffic.

You'll have a day to get there, a day to get back & then a few days to some some loops. Lots of riding ideas in the link below:

http://www.rideasia.net/motorcycle-...ts/2019-road-riding-loops-out-chiang-mai.html

5477d1343467883t-road-riding-loops-out-chiang-mai-cnx-118-120-1-1021-1148-1080-nan-1091-1251-120-118.jpg

Also Richard's loop in Nan below:

http://www.rideasia.net/motorcycle-forum/thailand-ride-reports/2696-nan-loop-2-double-spike.html

A-MAP_Nan_Loop_2_With_Double_Spike_Oct_2012_.png

Another question: I will be in Chiang Mai around the beginning of March now (instead of Feb., but the ticket is booked!) and will have about 5 or 6 days (have to spend a week in Bangkok for work first). Trying to decide what to do with my limited time. So, if you only had time to do one of the Mae Hong Son or Nan loops; which would you do? Would doing both be too rushed? Maybe do one loop over 3 or 4 days and then a day ride out from Chiang Mai somewhere? Opinions?
Cheers.

A lot of people ride the "Bo Klua" loop below when the head to Nan

135d1343456580t-loops-out-nan-bo-klua-loop.jpg

Another loop that many people overlook is the loop north up towards Kui Ling at the international border with Laos, if you leave early this can easily be done in a day back to Nan & there's a noodle restaurant in Kui Ling at the Laos border.

136d1343456580t-loops-out-nan-nan-loop-border.jpg

That road up to "Bo Klua" is a fantastic ride indeed.

Back
Top Bottom