Chiang Mai accommodation & bike rental

buksida

Bikes
CB500F
Heading to CM for a couple of weeks, can anyone recommend somewhere to stay that is centrally located and has decent wifi. Would also like to hire a bike, KLX 250 or something similar, whats the going rate and where is the best place to get one?

I've been known to stay at a place called Riders Corner. Its on the inner moat road. Sri Poom corner, if I'm not mistaken.

You are bound to run into some folks who'll be able to point you in the right direction

Oriental Garden GH on Loi Kroh Rd looks like it ticks the boxes, anyone stayed there?

Would like to ride to Pai and spend a couple of days there, roughly how long does it take? The road looks sweet!

Oriental Garden GH on Loi Kroh Rd looks like it ticks the boxes, anyone stayed there?

Would like to ride to Pai and spend a couple of days there, roughly how long does it take? The road looks sweet!

Can't help with the GH but the ride from Chiangmai to Pai is about 130-140 km. and takes from 2-3 hours depending on your speed. In case you want to "smell the roses" along the trip it can easily take a few hours more. Watch out though for all the speeding micro-buses and vans as they often have little regard for bike riders. Also early morning the road can be a bit moist and on my last trip to Pai and back to Chiangmai I saw cars which had slipped of the road.

Cool, I wonder if it is possible to hire a bike one way and pay to have someone collect it in Pai (if I wanted to stay longer). Would work out cheaper than riding it back to CM, staying another night, then bussing back to Pai.

Back
Top Bottom