Captain Slash Report Links

Lone Rider

Blokes Who Can
Bikes
4 Wheels
Captain Slash visits the region every year for 4-5 months and for every trip he makes (which is almost every day) he provides a trip report. In order to make it easier for people to find a particular post among the 126 trip reports posted by him during the period November 2010 through March 2011, small maps of the areas covered are provided showing the trips made in that area and thumbnails of his itineraries in an area so that it should be easier to find particular posts. Just click on the thumbnail and the post for that trip will open. The maps will open in MS Word - if this format does not work for you (Mac users, etc.) please let us know.

Download map for the Chiangmai area trips with links here

Download map for the Chiangmai to Nan trip and a few side trips with links here

Download map for trips in the area north of Nan with links here

Download map for trips in the area south of Nan with links here

Re: Captain Slash Reports

These are great maps for 3 to 10 day trip ideas, great food for thought while planning a route, thanks Auke.

Once your in (opened) one of the word files above, the small maps around the outside, select the one you wish to view:

right click on it

choose open hyperlink

and it will open the map in a tab on your browser

Brilliant idea, shouldn't this post always be above the slasher reports...??

The links only supply me with a lot of boxes and text, I will try another pc....

I like it, I want to ride a few of them..

:DD

Ktm Chris said:

The links only supply me with a lot of boxes and text, I will try another pc....

Chris - if you right click with your mouse on one of the small boxes/maps around the outside , then choose open hyperlink it will open in your browser in a new tab

Ktm Chris said:

OK, will put it also in the "Slash Trip Report Sub-Folder" Did you solve the problems of empty boxes? You need to have a Windows based computer and using Word 2007 version for the pictures to show up

Lone Rider said:
[quote=" You need to have a Windows based computer and using Word 2007 version for the pictures to show up

I cant get the thumbnails to open as hyperlink doesnt show live on my computer, I am using Windows 7 and it opens in Microsofr Office Home And Student 2007

Hi there Colin

Can you try holding down the ctrl button whilst clicking on the link with your mouse. This is the common way to activate a hyperlink in a document that is not HTML.

Hope this helps and that you can use the links.

:RO

Ally

Ally said:
Hi there Colin

Can you try holding down the ctrl button whilst clicking on the link with your mouse. This is the common way to activate a hyperlink in a document that is not HTML.

Ally

Still not working Ally, if I hold the ctrl button down when I right click, a box opens saying make selection first

Lone Rider said:
Captain Slash visits the region every year for 4-5 months and for every trip he makes (which is almost every day) he provides a trip report. In order to make it easier for people to find a particular post among the 126 trip reports posted by him during the period November 2010 through March 2011, small maps of the areas covered are provided showing the trips made in that area and thumbnails of his itineraries in an area so that it should be easier to find particular posts. Just click on the thumbnail and the post for that trip will open. The maps will open in MS Word - if this format does not work for you (Mac users, etc.) please let us know.

Download map for the Chiangmai area trips with links here

Download map for the Chiangmai to Nan trip and a few side trips with links here

Download map for trips in the area north of Nan with links here

Download map for trips in the area south of Nan with links here

Auke the gps tracks from my december trip to Nan are all on your GPS map of North Thailand, there are now some new ones that I have posted over the last week that I only recorded in march, can these also be incorporated into the small maps that you have put on this topic?

Captain,

Yes, I will put these also on the map as well as the other trip reports for the North East and Malaysia. Will take a few days as I am busy right now with preparing other map stuf. Will check also the other problem you reported with the thumbnails not opening correctly.

Captain_Slash said:
Ally said:
Hi there Colin

Ally

Still not working Ally, if I hold the ctrl button down when I right click, a box opens saying make selection first

Colin ... what happens when you use your index finger on your mouse instead of your middle one ? :boxing

Simply click your left mouse button whilst holding down the ctrl key.

Ally

Lone Rider said:
Captain,

Yes, I will put these also on the map as well as the other trip reports for the North East and Malaysia. Will take a few days as I am busy right now with preparing other map stuf. Will check also the other problem you reported with the thumbnails not opening correctly.

Thanks Auke, no rush as I know you are a very busy man

Ally said:
Captain_Slash said:
Ally said:
Hi there Colin

Ally

Colin ... what happens when you use your index finger on your mouse instead of your middle one ? :boxing

Simply click your left mouse button whilst holding down the ctrl key.

Ally

Nothing makes the slightest difference Ally, when I right click on a thumbnail a box opens with all the options there but only the styles option is highlighted.

Its not a problem as all the tracks are in my head as I rode them plus easily viewable on captainslash if I want to look at them individually

Back
Top Bottom