Cambodia map for 60Csx

brody713

Bikes
KTM XCFW250, Beta Ev0 250, KTM Duke 640
I'm looking for a map of Cambodia, I have a Garmin 60Csx.

The Garmin website has a map of south east asia but that one does not include Cambodia...

Anybody knows where I can find such a map?

Brody

there were some Cambodia maps around - when Dave was here he had one, ill try and find out for you

Dave,

What an interesting question? I could not help but reply.
There are quite a few "Garmin" Cambodia maps floating around the internet.
Every one I have seen, is based on the data from Jica funded ($20 million) mapping project. This project ran for 10 years a complete Arial survey of the country was completed and a room of 50 people digitized those images.
This data would make its way around on USB sticks and in Garmin format easily copied and rebranded with yet another "Cartogaphers" (pirate) name on it. Including the official dealer for that country.
"Unauthorized use"(of data) would be the term here, I believe.

I personally tracked the entire country between 2003-2009 in search of ancient temples of the Khmer empire. In those days there were very few improved roads at all. I have great memories of re discovering hundreds of these (lost?) temples , Indiana Jones style.

Ko Ker along with most major temple sites, were accessible only by very rough jungle tracks. Unlike today.
Of course landmines were always in the back of your mind, while exploring.
My map, was never published as the "pirates" owned the market, and few people are interested in actual jungle tracks and temple locations.
Here are some samples of Real Cartographers. These are some of the maps I used, while searching for "lost temples".
Aymonier, Etienne, early French explorer, cartographer
Etiene-Amonyer.jpg
Aymonier, Etienne
dandrek-neak-bouas.jpg
Old map of unknown origin
old-angkorian-map.jpg
Government map of Cambodia
cambodia.jpg

Back
Top Bottom