Bonanza race track Kao Yai (north of Bangkok)

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
Bonanza race track, Kao Yai (north of Bangkok)

Stokes 70, now sponsored by the Pannada Racing Team, getting some practice laps in at the new Bonanza race track, in Kao Yai, north of Bangkok yesterday.

luke bonanza track er-6.jpg

bonanza race track map.jpg

Good pic of Luke. It will be good to know his views about the track. I haven't been there yet, but understand there is no run-off for bikes...

Well, can't be much worse than Kaeng Krachan. On the final turn onto the start-finish straight, you have about 20 cm of run-off, which ends abruptly in a concrete wall.

Tom said:
Well, can't be much worse than Kaeng Krachan. On the final turn onto the start-finish straight, you have about 20 cm of run-off, which ends abruptly in a concrete wall.

Ahh like Irish Road racing. Probably sorts the men from the boys :RE

Para phased from TT Closer to the Edge:
Circuit racing is like roack climbing with a rope. Sure sometimes it can be scary but if something happens there is a safety back up. Road racing is like free climbing, the buzz is bigger but one mistake and...

Yeah, yeah...Actually Gary Johnson (winner of the supersport class at Isle of man last year) likes this track (Kaeng Krachan, that is). I went by the there last time he was at the track for his winter training to see if I could glean some tricks for geting 'round there. Unforutnately he was part of a crew that reportedly had a slightly damp evening the night before, and he didn't go out on track before I had to leave.

file.php

Check the aggression oot on his coupon, grrrrrrr.....awesome

First impressions of Bonanza, well the setting is beautiful, facilities are well on their way to being completed. access is pretty good from the 2090 Khao Yai national Park road.

The track surface is pretty good for the most part, except for 2 corners that have been ripped apart by drift cars. Kind of makes a decent lap time hard and detracts slighty from the fun, but still there are 7 other corners to enjoy so all in all is pretty damn good fun for 1000baht.

Im not sure how suitable the track is for 1000cc superbikes, there is little run off for the extra speeds you will carry over smaller capacity bikes, and the rough surface on those 2 aforementioned corners is even worse when trying to nail 160hp rather than the paltry figures put out my ER6 and colins cbr250.

I will definitely continue coming here with my ER6, and colin plans to aswell, driving time from bkk was about 2hrs in the truck.

Regarding the run-off, it really is a personal choice we all know that the tracks in thailand offer very little, its obvious from the moment you arrive at every track. So everyone who rides the track knows the risks involved, I smashed my fireblade up at kaeng krachan to the tune of 150,000baht. would I ride kaeng krachan again, hell yeah i would!!

An appropriate thread to show some photo's of the owner of the Panadda Racing Team (Mr. Stoke's boss) , a past Miss Thailand, the beautiful Miss Pannada -- she rides too.

6974703623_29b842a5b2_o.jpg

6828580102_73a8a996f8_o.jpg

6828580318_e45fc8d83b_o.jpg

6974703297_db308c7c4a_o.jpg

I was at this track while HOG Thailand doing their safety training.
Really love to do some laps but the track was fully booked by HOG for that day.
Someone please tell me how to book for some laps or a day? And how to engage an instructor / trainer there? And of course, how much for each!?
Thank you.

Trung - it would be easier for you to get track time & lessons at Bira Circuit in Pattaya (100km east of Bangkok).

Graham, who runs Highside tours http://www.highsidetours.com/index.html is a great guy and can arrange everything for you.

teachinga.jpg

teachingb.jpg

Prices are pretty reasonable:
http://www.highsidetours.com/pricing.html
hst pricing.jpg

Graham's contact details are below:

Local Thai Mobile 08 9119 0000 English/German
International Mobile +66 8 9119 0000 English/German
Skype ID thaitrack
International Fax +66 38 364 030 Fax

Email:info@highsidetours.com

Mailing/Shipping

HighSideTours Co Ltd
144/96 C, Thappraya Road, Moo 10
Nong Prue, Banglamung

Chonburi 20150

THAILAND

VietHorse said:
I was at this track while HOG Thailand doing their safety training.
Really love to do some laps but the track was fully booked by HOG for that day.
Someone please tell me how to book for some laps or a day? And how to engage an instructor / trainer there? And of course, how much for each!?
Thank you.

Good one and very detail Phil.
I would suggest you create another threat about Bira Circuit and move those post there.

Back
Top Bottom