Boh Khung (Prawn restaurants) in Thoeng

brake034

Bikes
Suzuki GD110HU, BMW F650GS
Phil asked me some time ago to do a write up on the Boh Khung restaurants in Thoeng.
Actually it is an erea with several restaurants near prawn (or is it shrimp?) farming lakes.
Food is quite good and best place is about 100 meter on the parking lot on the left side.
Name is Uhlai Restaurant I believe, the misses has a business card for the phone number.

Open all days a week, from about 10 in the morning. Reservation needed for larger groups!

The location is at roughly at 19.65346,100.190334 at highway 4020.
Coming from Chiang Rai on the 1020 and straight on at the traffic lights in Thoeng, after about 1 kilometer the elevated middle piece in the road (how they call that in English?) ends, there turn right, left side of that street you see a large yellow sign showing a red prawn. Then about 2 kilometer the group of restaurants is on your right hand, easy to be seen from the road with a Chang sign.

Some pictures of this evening good dinner:
fotob3mod.jpg

fotob6mod.jpg

Thanks Marcel ...not many of us are aware of these restaurants and with the shrimp farms near there, im sure this makes this an interesting riding destination especially on the way to Chiang Khong.

Phil asked me some time ago to do a write up on the Boh Khung restaurants in Thoeng.
Actually it is an erea with several restaurants near prawn (or is it shrimp?) farming lakes.
Food is quite good and best place is about 100 meter on the parking lot on the left side.
Name is Uhlai Restaurant I believe, the misses has a business card for the phone number.

Open all days a week, from about 10 in the morning. Reservation needed for larger groups!

The location is at roughly at 19.65346,100.190334 at highway 4020.
Coming from Chiang Rai on the 1020 and straight on at the traffic lights in Thoeng, after about 1 kilometer the elevated middle piece in the road (how they call that in English?) ends, there turn right, left side of that street you see a large yellow sign showing a red prawn. Then about 2 kilometer the group of restaurants is on your right hand, easy to be seen from the road with a Chang sign.

Some pictures of this evening good dinner:

Never sent from an I-Phone

No worries Phil, it was our wedding anniversary so i took the opportunity.....
Anything else you wanted to know about this place, they sell fresh prawns too!

Back
Top Bottom