Before I ebay.. Wet gear..

LivinLOS

Bikes
Gas Gas 250 (Trials), YZ250 (enduro), DRZ440 (Supermoto) CBR900 Streetfighter (scary !!)
Every year I say I am gonna sort this, and every year I end up with some crappy poncho or those disposable tear apart, child size, plastic jobbers for a few baht from 7/11.

I want a decent set of breathable, lightweight, wets.. A one piece with side or rear entry, proper 100% water proofs.

Need em decent size too.. To go over ride gear on a '2nd helpings' sized bloke.

My guess is theres no hope locally or even in Thailand is there ?? Seen stuff once or twice on mocyc but never in XXL or above sizing..

Last try before I ebay some stuff..

Thanks for that Bill,
Always a struggle to find decent rain gear, and of course I get very soggy each year till I sort it out!
I will give these guys a ring,

Ohh and boot galoshes type jobbers too.. Now I need a set of them also.. too much want..

I was sorta looking for a one piece item.. Just figured more likely to seal..

But good start tho.. Maybe I dont need to ebay..

Great. I was thinking of starting a thread on this but at this time of year I guess a lot of you are faced with the problem.

I am in the USA, I have a big mortorcycle accessory shop just down the road which have some good stuff. Trouble is, I am struggling with the luggage limits and if something decent was available in Thailand I would get that. I think I just need pants too go over my draggin jeans, I have a light waterproof jacket that I could carry and wear under my vented jacket.

I use the gortex liner from my BMW Ralley Pro 2 jacket as a rain jacket. Crushes up real small when packed, "breathes" when worn, works excellent.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/FTW290-WATERPRO ... sbs_auto_1

Reckon I am going to get a couple of these over for me and my brother.. Also saw an appealing RST one piece set on ebay.

But then I also spotted some really nice more casual use icon wet gear and some spidi boot galoshes in the US I will also get.. Not like you dont need some good shell gear in monsoon country.. Decent stuff should last ok too.

bill said:
...snipped>...I use the RS Taichi Rainbuster suit from Paddock Bt3500

It was long overdue for my to replace my cheapie marginal (and too short for me) Cambodia rain gear, with something decent!
I, too, now have a set (jackets & pants) of the Taichi Rainbuster, today, having done a R/T bus trip to Paddock.
Price 3500-Bt, less 300-Bt discount. You must always ask for a discount at Paddock!
I was reluctant to buy rain gear online. Prices may be good, but I was concerned about the fit.
I've had an Thaichi armored jacket for years; the Rainbuster fits fine over Thaichi jackets and surely fits over other brands as well.

Things I don't like about the jacket, is that Paddock stocks the Rainbuster only in black or red, although Thaichi also makes it in yellow.
I got a red one, but prefer yellow as it's far more visible both during the day and night.
The pants are lined with a web-like cloth which likely will tear easily when putting your boots through the legs; I'd prefer the
pant legs had zippers with velcro covers which would ease dressing with your riding boots. The Rainbuster's leggings are adjustable
with velcro straps.

Yet, the Thichi jacket & pants are far superior to what I have long been using... ;-)

Grathiam

Tom said:
bill said:
I use the RS Taichi Rainbuster suit from Paddock Bt3500
How big are you, and what size did you get?

Tom
I'm 182cm (just under 6' ) and weigh 75kg. Lanky in other words.
I got size XL (same as LL)
Color : light grey jacket with black trim and black pants.
If need be, they will fit over my klim enduros pants and 661 pressure suit.

bill said:
I'm 182cm (just under 6' ) and weigh 75kg. Lanky in other words.
I got size XL (same as LL)
Mmm, I'd probably need XXL then (186 cm, 90 kg).

I went to a local shop and they ad a few different types for sale. I ended up buy a set of these:

break_in_secrets.htm

It was a bit thinner than the other model from the same manufacturer which will be better in Thailands heat but for some reason it was more expensive.

Tourmaster defender.

Seems ok gear, I am trying to get some riding boots which looked good but when I tried to buy some I found that they were sold out nation wide in my size which is weird....

It got good reviews. I am 6'1" and 98 kg. I tried on a jacket with armour pads in it (large) then tried a jacket over it and the large fit perfect. Not too loose and flappy. They are sized to go over you gear so just order the size you would wear normally.

$100 USD. I got the two piece and it seemed easier to live with and I can just carry the jacket when I am nipping around town in shorts and get caught out.

I ended up ordering some frogg toggs horny toadz.. The name alone was worth buying them ;)

^ I saw a bunch of that stuff in the bike and sports stores but it has this kind of papery feel to it, very weird, I couldn't imagine riding in it. the camo guys here in the US love it.....

The sizing for tourmaster gear is such that you order the size you wear normally and it is designed to fit over your riding gear and so obviuosly bigger. So I wear a large jacket and the rain coat is a large designed to fit over your gear. Saves confusion and mine fit perfect. It was good to be in a shop and try it on though, I hate trying to guess fit gear....

bill said:
Tom said:
bill said:
I use the RS Taichi Rainbuster suit from Paddock Bt3500
How big are you, and what size did you get?

Tom
I'm 182cm (just under 6' ) and weigh 75kg. Lanky in other words. I got size XL (same as LL)...

Rainsuit sizing...
My measurements are nearly identical to Bill's (182cm, but 77kg), yes lanky, but also known as skinny!
My armored RS Taichi riding jacket is an XL, and I use it's waist and other adjustments to best fit my body.
A perfectly sized jacket for me would be somewhere between an L and an XL.
The XL Taichi Rainbuster suit easily fits over my XL jacket and would likely be fine on other similarly sized jackets.
The elastic waistband, in both the jacket and pants, keeps the bottom of the jacket and top of the pants snug against my body.
The pant legs are about 5" longer than your leg length (good) and bottom of pant legs have a velcro fasteners to tighten them
against your boots [but no under the boot strap]. The legs are billowy enough to allow wearing my knee armor underneath,
something I checked that when I returned home.

grathiam

Back
Top Bottom