15 epic roads to ride before you die

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
Mae Hong Son Loop makes number 13 (looks like the author hasn't ridden to Nan / R 1148?)

15 Epic Roads to Drive Before you Die | Hostelworld.com

& rather strange that this is number 1?

1. Seven Mile Bridge, Florida, USA

With a starring role in action thrillers 2 Fast 2 Furious, Mission Impossible III and James Bond movie Licence to Kill, the Florida Keys’ Seven Mile Bridge looks as impressive on film as it does in real life.One of the longest bridges in the world when the first section opened in 1912, this oversea highway connects Knight’s Key (part of the city of Marathon) in the Middle Key to Little Duck Key in the Lower Keys.Photo: justtakemethere

uSTkp4E.jpg

Mae Hong Son Loop makes number 13 (looks like the author hasn't ridden to Nan / R 1148?)

I'd call it a Nan loop also using the 1091,1251 and 120 through Chiang Muan.

While doing Nan include the Na Noi loop

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

MHS Loop!?! The only decent bit is the 108 North of M. Sariang to Pai. The 1095 is an awful road - churned up corners, gravel, radio rental bus drivers etc.....

Beautiful!
IMG_1403 - 2013-01-30 at 13-09-24.jpg

Old Telegraph Track, Cape York... Oz

... with Frenchman's tacked on

Its a 10 day "drive"... there and back

15 Epic Roads to Drive Before you Die | Hostelworld.com

& rather strange that this is number 1?

1. Seven Mile Bridge, Florida, USA

With a starring role in action thrillers 2 Fast 2 Furious, Mission Impossible III and James Bond movie Licence to Kill, the Florida Keys' Seven Mile Bridge looks as impressive on film as it does in real life.One of the longest bridges in the world when the first section opened in 1912, this oversea highway connects Knight's Key (part of the city of Marathon) in the Middle Key to Little Duck Key in the Lower Keys.Photo: justtakemethere

uSTkp4E.jpg

I've driven this a couple of times and though it is beautiful I wouldnt have it as a great driving road.

Come on... I've been waiting for it.

OK... if no-one else will....

Uncle Ho's road.... the Ho Chi Minh Highway. How can that not be on the list?

'Win'; didn't know this was a competition.
Thought we were just sharing roads we consider 'epic'.
Anyway, across the English Moors is a nice ride.

Moors.jpg

Part of the UK ride I enjoyed last year crs.
It was after Liverpool, Firsk, Hornsby and onto The Moors then to Settle and Hawes.
Delightful ride; pity about the weather!

Can't believe either that the Key's bridge is number one.

I also couldn't believe that the Dades gorge road is now paved ??? what a shame...

In Switzerland the Maloja and the Pas dal Fourn are both even better then the Furka...and so is the Oberalp, or the Gotthard in April
IMAG0765.jpg
just my opinion of course.

Top of the World Highway would be the first on my list to be honest (Fairbanks to Dawson City), notable are also Trans Labrador Highway and Cassiar Highway...Whitehorse to Skagway road is also an amazing ride, probably number 2 on my list of must ride roads.

Thanks for that report Phil...very interesting.

Big fella that is not a road! That is a highway to hell ...

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom