Aussie needs help...

Westausboy

Ok..... So finding it difficult to find current and up to date info regarding importing a motorcyle into Cambodia?????

I've purchased a KTM 450exc and have plans on slowly relocating to Cambodia. Currently I have the bike in Australia and have been quoted $600 to get it there.....

That's all.......

Now I want to travel around and cross borders ect and wouldn't mind getting it registered in Cambodia. I'd also like to push the system and obviously play little or low import tax.... Are there back doors deals or agents that are well informed that could help....

If I was to bring the bike over on a carnet( reading up says not needed) could I simply remove the Aussie rego and get it registered? By bring it in I avoid duty tax and by continuing to travel across to the Thai border ect I could renew the time in the country.....

Any contacts that could help or info.....

danielfmclean@hotmail.com

I will be in and dealing with Dara tomorrow over a rego change.. I think he may be able to give you some help..

Of course you could get it into Thailand on temp import then ride over.. That's pretty foolproof and would cost nothing in taxes.

Why not just keep it on temporary import and save a lot of hassle?

Ok..... So finding it difficult to find current and up to date info regarding importing a motorcyle into Cambodia?????

I've purchased a KTM 450exc and have plans on slowly relocating to Cambodia. Currently I have the bike in Australia and have been quoted $600 to get it there.....

That's all.......

Now I want to travel around and cross borders ect and wouldn't mind getting it registered in Cambodia. I'd also like to push the system and obviously play little or low import tax.... Are there back doors deals or agents that are well informed that could help....

If I was to bring the bike over on a carnet( reading up says not needed) could I simply remove the Aussie rego and get it registered? By bring it in I avoid duty tax and by continuing to travel across to the Thai border ect I could renew the time in the country.....

Any contacts that could help or info.....

danielfmclean@hotmail.com

Why not just keep it on temporary import and save a lot of hassle?

Yeah especially if your intending to cross borders semi frequently, makes it a non issue..

Or... sell it in Oz and buy another one in Cambodia. They're cheap there.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bsacbob General Discussion 10