Aussi owned TTR250 out of Chiang Mai

bikesncats

Bikes
TDM850
Hey guys, I know in my present situation the last thing I should do is go looking for a bike BUT...I just can't help myself and I'm wondering if anyone knows a TTR250 Raid version that was owned by an Australian in Chiang Mai, then sold to a Canadian who in terms sold it a couple years ago (without ever doing a name transfer) to an Italian fellow who is now offering it for a very reasonable price...would ship by ems out of Hat Yai.

Does anyone know this bike and if it is legit? The last thing I want is end up with a stolen bike or something of the kind.

It would make a perfect base to start the "build your own adventure bike project"...the old TTR frames were really good and solid...some suspension upgrade, a YZF450 engine and proper tanks...but only if it is legit and in reasonable condition of course.

I ask because it was sold out of Chiang Mai apparently...black tank blue seat...Thnx in advance for any info ...cheers

Alex, if the bike was never transferred to the Canadian (or the current Italian) owner it is technically still the Australian who owns it?
Means this guy needs to sign the transfer papers otherwise you will not be able to transfer the bike on your name?!
Maybe that's the reason for the Italian to sell it at a low price.

Thanks Marcel...I know I need to do some work to transfer it because the dude lost the green book in Laos and has only partial copies of the transfer papers, no passport copy of the Australian and only the copy of the last immatriculation he paid with that page of the green book.

That's all fine no worries as I do have the contacts to fix that...my concern is that it may a stolen bike, if it was sold in Chiang Mai by people who have been residing there for a few years and riding around there chances are some of you may know the previous owners. If that's the case and you know for sure they actually sold that bike and history is true then I wouldn't have an issue. Would be nice to know also if it is in as good a condition as advertised or if it had some major drops that could have affected the frame. Thnx

Yup thnx a lot Marcel...and everyone else for the info you provided.

It seems the original/last legal owner was Tom Forde ... and as I was told he's unwilling to help the latest Italian owner getting his papers straightened out (for whatever reason).

Not certain if the dude is active here in RA but apparently he is active in GTR and friends with Taliban Tony so it can't be that hard to find em and make transfer issues simper. If he refuses to help there are always avenues but the simplest would still be to ask the police to politely make him sign and take a copy of his passport:excuseme:

Still have to see if the sell works out as the seller is now asking for time to sleep on it, after we had reached a deal. Most likely got a better offer and is working on it...time will tell

Reporting that the Italian has sold the bike...after we had a deal...for an extra 3,000baht to someone else. Lucky him!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W General Discussion 8