Asia Road Racing Championship 2011 Round 3 at Chennai

barrygrussell

Bikes
Kawasaki Z800, Yamaha Mio
Think there's nothing going on this weekend with WSBK and MotoGP on mid season breaks?

Take another look. Round 3 of the ARRC Championship gets underway at Chennai (formerly Madras)

The level of riding in this series is truly world class, with top riders from all over Asia, so check the link below to see the season so far.

http://www.arrc.com.my/indexnews.php

Most attention will be focused on the Supersport 600 class, in which reigning champion, Decha Kraisart (a class above any other Thai road racer, in my opinion) returns from a hand injury sustained in the All-Japan series that has kept him out of contention and down in 12th in the table, so has a point or two to prove. Katsuaki Fujiwara has been running away with the championship so far for Kawasaki.

Also check out the AsiaRoadRacing YouTube channel for footage of previous races.

See the above website or the Asia Road Racing Championship Facebook page for updates through the weekend and also for the TV schedule.

Decha has taken pole position in Chennai for round 3 of the Supersport 600 Asia Road Racing Championship.

Decha is a class act and Yamaha should push him into World Supersport! He has won everything he has tried in the region, including the All Japan Series and should move on up!

Results from ARRC:
1.Decha (THA) 1:44.100s 2. Zamri (MAS) 1:44.131s 3.Morris (AUS) 1:44.294s 4.Doni Tata (INA) 1:44.490s 5. Azlan (MAS) 1:44.564s

As I can be partisan on this site I am backing Decha - my favourite Asian racer - for the win tomorrow!!

Qualifying video highlights from the Madras Circuit
[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrEDIUmjDQE[/VIDEO]

Does this series receive any TV coverage, live or otherwise?

A bit late, but here is a schedule that was posted on the ARRC FB page.

The race will be shown live this Sunday 7 August on the following: India (2.30pm to 4.30pm local time) - DD Sports, Raj TV Tamil, Raj TV Telegu, Raj TV Malayalam, Raj TV Kanada; Indonesia (4.00pm to 6.00pm WIB) - Global TV; Malaysia (5.00pm to 7.00pm Malaysian time) - Astro SuperSports Channel 811

Cheers

289520_10150253047472304_148229362303_7698606_5412955_o.jpg

Great news is that Decha did not let me down and took both wins! Report here in ARRC website.

http://www.arrc.com.my/indexnews.php

Some brief highlights on the AsiaRoadRacing YouTube channel:

The Asia Road Racing Cup series is also run at the same meeting by a rival promoter. They don't communicate as well as ARRC at the moment, but I found this on a personal Facebook:

I assume these are all for the 115cc underbone class:

Asia Cup round 1 India
Anucha Thai, Wawan Indonesia, Sasi ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????ppines, Chen Taiwan, Okazaki Japan, Katano Japan

Race 2 Asia Cup result
Topan Indonesia, Wawan Indonesia, Watanabe Philippines, Pongpeera Thai, Aucha Thai, Sumit India, Gautham India, Chin Taiwan, Anthony Philippines, Okazaki Japan, chen Taiwan, Katano Japan.

I have asked for more information, but it shows a win for another superb Thai rider, 'Sup' Anucha Nakcharoensri, who has been in tremendous form in the ultra-competitive FMSCT Moto3 Production class and really should be in Supersport 600.

Back
Top Bottom