All Lima Sites (LS) in Laos with link to Google Maps.

Oddvar

Bikes
CRF250L-CRM250-Beta 270-CB650F-Valkyrie 1520
Here is a link to all LS sites in Laos.
I found them on the link at the top of either spreadsheet. I just converted all GPS positions to hyperlinks.

The links do not work in this window. I have attached 2 spreadsheet files.

Open office format
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/131479929/GT Pic/Misc/Lima Sites Laos.ods?=dl

Excel format
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/131479929/GT Pic/Misc/Lima Sites Laos.xls?=dl

Click the link and your "Save as" should pop up.
A easy and quick reference to the LS sites.

Lone Rider

Blokes Who Can
Bikes
4 Wheels
Oddvar, big thank you for all the hard work but unfortunately there is a small problem with the list. The Lat/Long data on the Angelfire site is in the Degree/Minute/Second format and it looks like that you used the degree format and as a result the location is quite a bit off. It should be possible to convert the coordinates to the DD MM SS format ans I might give it a try later on.

Lone Rider

Blokes Who Can
Bikes
4 Wheels
Yes, that is where the sites approximately should be considering that the Lat/Long data was converted from the US Army UTM format

mactbkk

Need to remember that when the Lats & Longs were written down by various Air America, CASI, and USAF pilots, this was well before the GPS era, early and mid 1960s in most cases. Thus, the Lats & Longs may be well off the actual location.

Sam Thong, LS-20, is a good case in point. Firing up the GPS Visualizer (neat, hadn't seen that before) show the indicated site well west of the actual site, which is on that NW-SE dirt track which is now the road, just on the east side of the pointy karst sticking up in the air. The strip is at: 19.18362 x 102.88823

And, here's another source for the Lima Sites, shown on the old 1:250,000 scale maps:

Maps of South East Asia - Vietnam, Laos, Thailand and Cambodia 1965 - 1975

Mac

Oddvar

Bikes
CRF250L-CRM250-Beta 270-CB650F-Valkyrie 1520
Thanks for pointing this out. It was a quick job. (To convert dd mm to dd.mm just multiply the mm with (100/60).

Both work sheets is now updated accordingly.

I am sure many of these positions are not correct. I just pick up the positions from the web page at the top of the work sheet.
The position of one end of the runway is different from the other end.
I guess these positions are good at pointing you in the right direction though.

bsacbob

Administrator
Staff member
Bikes
Honda CRM-AR 250, Honda CRF 250-L, Suzuki V Strom XT 650 Honda xr250 Baja
Yes indeed, Thanks Oddvar it looks like many of us are going to be busy this dry season.

Top Bottom