200 - 300KM loop from Bangkok (half a day trip)

jonnyf

Bikes
cb500x
I love getting out on the bike, but unfortunately due to other commitments sometimes I only have enough time for a quick morning ride on the weekend. Living in Bangkok kind of limits the places I can travel to in a morning, so I was wondering if anyone has done any quick rides (200 - 300km) out of the city and found any nice quiet(ish) roads for riding?

If I am not mistaken, CraigBKK has done a few short trips in the Bangkok area but I can't find the URL's of the trip reports at the moment. Another source of inspiration might be the website of Richard Barrow on short Bangkok trips (Bangkok-daytrips)

Lots of Thai bikers visit Kanchanaburi province on days trips. If you have a big bike this is easy enough to do (CB500X would be great)

Distance to the town from BKK, depending where you are, is around 125km. Add on another 50km to get to Sai Yok. Things only really get interesting after Kanchanaburi town so well worth taking the trip out to Sai Yok and beyond. There's also Ratchaburi and Suan Pheung and the border area.

To be honest, quiet(ish) roads around Bangkok are hard to come by. If you can have a full day or even better a night, you will be able to find nicer roads.

Thanks for the messages Craig & Lone Rider.

I've done a couple of trips out of Bangkok previously to Ayutthaya and Khao Yai, both were quite nice once your off the main roads. I would like to ride over to Kanchanaburi at some point too, but as you mentioned I think i'd need more time to make it enjoyable.

Around Bangkok i've found two relatively nice routes, one being a back road out to Ayutthaya (the same road that Work Point TV studios is on), and one being from Lat Krabang area out towards Khao Yai (i'll need to look up the name of the road) both nice windy roads with not much traffic surrounded by fields - here are some pics of both:
IMG_7548.jpgIMG_8680.jpg

It would be great to find some more roads like these on the outskirts of Bangkok. Great for clearing the head on a Saturday/Sunday morning for a few hours!

Hi All,

For anyone based in Bangkok looking for short rides suitable for a Saturday or Sunday morning, I found some beautiful roads out in Khao Kheow, Chonburi which are perfect for a quick weekend morning ride. Here's my video of last weekend's ride:

Took a short trip out from Lat Krabang area of Bangkok out towards Nakhon Nayok via Nong Chok yesterday. Here's the video . . .

Back
Top Bottom