2 WEEKS GREAT TRIP TOP NORTH LAOS - JUNE 2012

Some fantastic photo's there Charley .......

382559_355542507849770_612978191_n.jpg

Hmong smilly woman during our 10 hours and a half of enduro/offroad today! Tough day! 3 more days and we re back to Luang Prabang,.. And approx 800 kms more to discover in the forest :) thanks to all Lao people we met on the way for their help and smile

579998_350104495060238_150498_n.jpg

That's what we call offroad !! Il est pas beau mon Pierre sur son bateau :)
224849_350056791731675_1965805822_n.jpg

Phongsaly hill tribes woman during our survey
552938_349023911834963_159991258_n.jpg

Some nice pics there.
I'll probably get yelled at here, but can we get stories & locations with these?
It would be nice to know more about where they are, details about them etc, otherwise they're just pretty pics to look at, nothing more.

Hi Pounce,
Starts LPG then Nongkiaw by Viengkram + we mainly reach each boarders, Vietnamese (up to Muang Khoua), Chinese (around Phongsaly+Muang Sing), Myanmar (around Thakhek), Thailand (around Bokeo & Muangngeun)
Back by Pakbeng then Hongsa offroad to LPG which is going to be a road very soon, I recommend to all riders which wants to keep a good memory of this offroad to ride it again soon before to be done in concrete! Probably this year,..
Pounce, I wish you to keep emotions and get surprising all over your trip. Forgive me, I will not be more precise, it’s for your fun!! Each ride have to be an adventure ;)
Best,
Charly

FYI, the lady in the photo captioned "Hmong smilly woman during our 10 hours and a half of enduro/offroad today!" is of the IuMien aka Yao ethnic, not Hmong.

Otherwise, sure looks like a fun trip, in the rainy season.

Mac

Hi Mac, you are right.
The title talking about the Hmong woman is belongs to the link just behind. But the photo doesn't apprear propely, click on the link.
See you around on a motorbike
Charly

Charly - with it being rainy season, were there ant tracks you couldn't do & had to turn back because they were too steep and slippy? or was everything do-able?

Hi Phil, actually we passed it everywhere; even if rivers were high Lao people always use bamboo raft or small boats to cross any rivers. Regarding the steep & slippery trails it took times, much more than during the dry season but it goes for good riders… We mostly faced trouble due to slippy ways during primary forest rides, as trucks and big machines doesn't pass by (no wood to pick up,..) then it's much more tough,.. I will avoid going with usual customers, but for experienced riders it slowly goes. Do you plan any trip around soon? Best Phil Charly

I weas planning on heading over there soon, so was interested in how slippery everywhere had got. Don's been mapping in Phonsavan & I don't think it's been too bad over there.

Hi Phil, actually we passed it everywhere; even if rivers were high Lao people always use bamboo raft or small boats to cross any rivers. Regarding the steep & slippery trails it took times, much more than during the dry season but it goes for good riders… We mostly faced trouble due to slippy ways during primary forest rides, as trucks and big machines doesn't pass by (no wood to pick up,..) then it's much more tough,.. I will avoid going with usual customers, but for experienced riders it slowly goes. Do you plan any trip around soon? Best Phil Charly

Tiger trails paths crossing

Charley just missed you guys at Muang Khoua, the cook at the Saifon restaurant said your group had just been there.
IF you get this way again soon just upstream of the ford in you pictures is a great new bridge!
Keep your boots dry.
What a great ride accross those small tricky tracks in the misty rain!
See you in Luang Prabang soon!
bamboo-suspension-bridge.jpg

small-tracks.jpg

small-tracks-2.jpg

North tricky ride

Hi Don,
Did you cross the bridge by motorbike? Haha looks tricky!
The Offroad to Muang Khoua is just amazing at this time, I do agree.
What is your next destination?
Info:
Bountai to Luang Namtha = great offroad as well (costume, remote villages)
Muang Long (Myanmar boarder) to Viangphoukha, you won't regret it! (Akha and Hmong villages world apart)
Tell me in case of I can help you, I would be proud!
Keep in touch! For a BLT,.... Beer Lao time
Cheers

Charley just missed you guys at Muang Khoua, the cook at the Saifon restaurant said your group had just been there.
IF you get this way again soon just upstream of the ford in you pictures is a great new bridge!
Keep your boots dry.
What a great ride accross those small tricky tracks in the misty rain!
See you in Luang Prabang soon!
View attachment 6462

View attachment 6463

View attachment 6464

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CraigBKK Laos Ride Reports 14
Back
Top Bottom